+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pitch etc. [Joe Palmer Update]

New Pitch etc. [Joe Palmer Update]

So not only are we getting a new pitch, we are getting a hybrid pitch with new drainage and under soil heating, who was it saying the owners wanted out?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 08-04-2024 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Added detail to title for clarity

The usual drama idiots that's who. Not sure how many times our owners can use the words long term project and sustainable! \ Of my visit to the UK in the last month one thing I have noticed more than anything is the general negativity of so many people in this country about a lot of things, like they want to find something to be negative about to satisfy some kind of morbid perversion. I am sure it did not used to be like this! Should I blame Brexit? Anyway I am going back soon and other than missing Notts matches thank the lord for that!

I really do think it is time we all put our total support behind the Reedtz Brothers, and the statement this morning is clear evidence of their long term commitment to Notts County.
    I understand poor results do not help the situation, but comments released this morning, clearly reinforce my faith that they are working towards the long term success of Notts.

A lot of the negativity around the owners currently is simply because they haven't bowed to fan pressure and dismissed Maynard. Luckily, they are not as reactive as our previous owners and can see past the emotion better than fans to make long term decisions for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    So not only are we getting a new pitch, we are getting a hybrid pitch with new drainage and under soil heating, who was it saying the owners wanted out?
    Excellent News.
    Maybe we can attract some international games of some kind in the future then even if it would be schoolboy internationals etc.

Excellent news. Our club is definitely heading in the right direction and with our owners vision and commitment who knows how far we can go. With some decent new signings I have a feeling that next season could be very interesting. The manager is still learning about league 2 and I'm sure we will see good things next season. Keep the faith as good times are on the horizon.

Just in case some folk have missed it, full Joe Palmer statement here:

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2024/april/joe-palmer-update-080424/

Of course, typical Notts County, we can't afford to plug the underground heating into anything (nearest I can find to tongue-in-cheek)
    Last edited by SwalePie; 08-04-2024 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Just in case some folk have missed it, full Joe Palmer statement here:

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...update-080424/

Of course, typical Notts County, we can't afford to plug the underground heating into anything (nearest I can find to tongue-in-cheek)
    I actually love that. While the pitch substrate is dug up they're installing a system they have no intention of using any time soon, because this is the smart time to spend that money. That shows a degree of foward-looking that is very rare in business let alone in football.

And in his conclusion:

"But we will only undertake that journey in a rational, responsible way, while always knowing that the nature of football means you can never guarantee short-term success.

What you can control is your chance of being successful over time and, by delivering on what I’ve spoken about today, we will take the club to another level financially and move towards achieving the state of ‘football utopia’ by breaking even, or better still becoming profitable, while also providing one of the most competitive budgets in the league and the best possible experience for our fans."

The really great thing about those two paragraphs is that they echo precisely what the Reedtz brothers said in their first press interview after taking over the club. The overall strategy hasn't changed. They're still executing on it. At no point prior to their taking over the club have we had that kind of long term strategic vision. And the proof his here - we're back in L2 (albeit going through a heck of a rough spot).

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    What's a "hybrid" pitch then? Half grass and half Astroturf? Palmer's statement mentions it but I don't know what one is.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    What's a "hybrid" pitch then? Half grass and half Astroturf? Palmer's statement mentions it but I don't know what one is.
    Its still a grass pitch that is reinforced with synthetic fibres. Wembley has a similar pitch. You may have heard of Desso Grass master, it's a brand name but it was quite a common installation in the premier league

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast