+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pitch etc. [Joe Palmer Update]

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    I still wont be setting foot in there until hes been dismissed.
    Hes not upto the job simple.
    Come on Warsop. SM is not the devil. He may or may not be the right man long term but give him a chance. It was the brothers who appointed him and they are showing their commitment to the club big time with the pitch and the Nest.
    Come down the Lane for the last 2 matches of the season (you’ve already got the tickets). One of them is against the league leaders - also the 2 highest scoring teams in the division against each other.
    Give the team a chance to show that things appear to be improving. If you still don’t like it then you can save your season ticket money next year.
    We want you down there giving your support and getting that first hand view and feel.

Yeah very exciting, forward looking update. The only thing missing for me was mention of the safe standing at the front of the kop which I thought was possibly in the pipeline.

Yeah exciting news and good to hear as long as they don't forget the the primary purpose is making us profitable for NOTTS Football Team
    If Forest away and Notts at home on the same day Shirley they won't both be able to use the Nest so probably not has much revenue from that sauce as hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    Yeah exciting news and good to hear as long as they don't forget the the primary purpose is making us profitable for NOTTS Football Team
    If Forest away and Notts at home on the same day Shirley they won't both be able to use the Nest so probably not has much revenue from that sauce as hoped.
    . No worries there as the Police will not allow Notts and Forest on the same day to play at home (lack of police resources) One team ( usually Notts will have to change and play on another day). C0YP

If they stay up, a fair chunk of the games aren’t played at 3pm. So we could find The Nest being used during those fixtures.
    The other big win, and it’s a pity it doesn’t sound like it will be ready in time, is big tournaments like the Euros/World cups etc. Im assuming they will have big screens of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    If they stay up, a fair chunk of the games aren’t played at 3pm. So we could find The Nest being used during those fixtures.
    The other big win, and it’s a pity it doesn’t sound like it will be ready in time, is big tournaments like the Euros/World cups etc. Im assuming they will have big screens of course.

It seems that from Joe’s statement that they intend to be open in time?…….

I’m delighted to say that we have now been granted planning permission to proceed with this huge, and extremely exciting, project – and intend to open in time for the commencement of England’s participation in this summer’s European Championships, with the aim of providing the best destination in Nottingham for football fans to watch the eagerly-anticipated tournament unfold.

Their stated objective is to make us sustainable. There is a difference between sustainable (ie affordable losses) and profitable. I presume that after sustainable comes successful otherwise they wouldn't be spending as much on the footballing infrastructure as they are. Any revenue stream that helps reduce the losses is good news especially if it also has the double whammy of improving the supporter experience and hence revenue from supporters.

I am slowly and gradually gaining confidence in the Bros approach. It takes some doing after what we've been through in my lifetime, and no doubt yours, but if you start thinking of 10 years ahead rather than the next 5 games it all starts to make a bit more sense. COYP.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Their stated objective is to make us sustainable. There is a difference between sustainable (ie affordable losses) and profitable. I presume that after sustainable comes successful otherwise they wouldn't be spending as much on the footballing infrastructure as they are. Any revenue stream that helps reduce the losses is good news especially if it also has the double whammy of improving the supporter experience and hence revenue from supporters.

I am slowly and gradually gaining confidence in the Bros approach. It takes some doing after what we've been through in my lifetime, and no doubt yours, but if you start thinking of 10 years ahead rather than the next 5 games it all starts to make a bit more sense. COYP.
    It has always made sense to me right from day one what they were aiming to do the problem is as soon as you hit a bad patch some fans start going mental.

I know nobody has called for them to sell up but sly digs about stats, metrics, recruitment, football manager game is completely disrespectful to them and makes some fans look daft saying it.

As the alternative to them is likely to be some chancer or tyre kicker to quote Ray Trew and we all know how that ended up !

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post

Yeah thinking 10 years ahead makes a lot of sense if you're 21 not so much for a lot of us on here. though 🤣🤣
    I'm pleased that they look like they'll be with us for a while and investing in the grounds and surrounds.

It's quite amazing how football has changed over my life time.. From the days of going for a quick two or three before the game, to bespoke venues
    for prematch hospitality and post match reflective drinking time complete with musical entertainment.
    As was said on Magpie Circle we are getting Americanised in our sporting events.
    I take my hat off to our owners for the investment into our club in order to make us sustainable.
    With investment the desire to succeed on the pitch becomes a greater objective so let's not think we are spending our transfer funds because one will compliment the other.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast