+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pitch etc. [Joe Palmer Update]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Pitch etc. [Joe Palmer Update]

So not only are we getting a new pitch, we are getting a hybrid pitch with new drainage and under soil heating, who was it saying the owners wanted out?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 08-04-2024 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Added detail to title for clarity

The usual drama idiots that's who. Not sure how many times our owners can use the words long term project and sustainable! \ Of my visit to the UK in the last month one thing I have noticed more than anything is the general negativity of so many people in this country about a lot of things, like they want to find something to be negative about to satisfy some kind of morbid perversion. I am sure it did not used to be like this! Should I blame Brexit? Anyway I am going back soon and other than missing Notts matches thank the lord for that!

I really do think it is time we all put our total support behind the Reedtz Brothers, and the statement this morning is clear evidence of their long term commitment to Notts County.
    I understand poor results do not help the situation, but comments released this morning, clearly reinforce my faith that they are working towards the long term success of Notts.

A lot of the negativity around the owners currently is simply because they haven't bowed to fan pressure and dismissed Maynard. Luckily, they are not as reactive as our previous owners and can see past the emotion better than fans to make long term decisions for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    A lot of the negativity around the owners currently is simply because they haven't bowed to fan pressure and dismissed Maynard. Luckily, they are not as reactive as our previous owners and can see past the emotion better than fans to make long term decisions for the club.
    I also hope that those who have decided to vote with their feet and are not coming to games because the club have not done what they want and sacked SM have a change of heart because whilst they may not like the decisions the club makes then at least respect them and not hurt the club financially by staying away.

Likewise saying next season is a write off because we will have SM and lose Macca and JJ and not getting a season ticket is being negative. We have no idea who we will be signing and what the starting 11 will be come August.

It's the recruitment more than who is manager that will have a bigger impact on how well we do next season as this season has proven as a current tier 2 and a previous tier 5 manager have found it difficult to stop the goals being conceded.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I also hope that those who have decided to vote with their feet and are not coming to games because the club have not done what they want and sacked SM have a change of heart because whilst they may not like the decisions the club makes then at least respect them and not hurt the club financially by staying away.

Likewise saying next season is a write off because we will have SM and lose Macca and JJ and not getting a season ticket is being negative. We have no idea who we will be signing and what the starting 11 will be come August.

It's the recruitment more than who is manager that will have a bigger impact on how well we do next season as this season has proven as a current tier 2 and a previous tier 5 manager have found it difficult to stop the goals being conceded.
    I would've went but for feeling under the weather. I'd imagine those who stayed away may have done so because they're away on holiday or just skint from having kids off for Easter.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    I'd imagine those who stayed away may have done so because they're away on holiday or just skint from having kids off for Easter.
    I jumped the Eurostar and had four great days in Amsterdam (fantastic city!) so could only follow BBC scores. Great result whether it was deserved or not.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I jumped the Eurostar and had four great days in Amsterdam (fantastic city!) so could only follow BBC scores. Great result whether it was deserved or not.
    It was a good watch, enjoyable and we played very well, our goalie played a blinder but thats not saying anything our defence which was much improved, our attack was also spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post

I still wont be setting foot in there until hes been dismissed.
    Hes not upto the job simple.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    I still wont be setting foot in there until hes been dismissed.
    Hes not upto the job simple.

Well, that may or may not be so...how about you give the bloke a decent go with, what is hopefully, an improved defence/squad. I'm sure there was a time/s in your working life, when maybe you haven't been all that flash, but maybe your bosses just gave you a fair go and a bit more time to improve? That's the Aussie way mate...a fair go.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast