+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Stevenage v Barnsley

Romared Match Thoughts Stevenage v Barnsley

Lose tomorrow night and we really are in a tailspin , whether Collins does his over thinking thing again and rings the changes we will have to see , not much point in my opinion given the lack of quality or players simply not ready ( Jalo ) on the bench .

The chickens are coming home to roost with the God awful recruitment and the failure in January to fix the roof whilst the sun shone .

Going to be a tight, cagey game I reckon.

I’d bring Kane back into the team for Russell. I do want to give Jalo more minutes but I feel like against Stevenage he would just get kicked in the air. Maybe save him for Saturday against Reading.

Two out of form sides--

Barnsley last six.....W2..D1...L3

Stevenage last six...W0...D3...L3

Two Scots as HC's and the makings of a dour game. The elephant in the room Steve Evans has a bit more life about him may motivate his team to victory even though Stevenage have nothing to play for having blown the Play Offs.

Hats off to those fans travelling down to Stevenage on a Tuesday neet. They deserve 100% from the players.

We need a good performance tonight and a win. A few weeks ago the play offs looked an absolute dead cert but we've faltered of late and suddenly we're looking ova our shoulders wi arses perhaps starting to twitch.

There is no way that Evans will not have his players ready, he's the sort of bloke that won't allow it, make no mistake tonight will be a real battle that we need to be up for.

Name:  IMG_8902.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  13.5 KB

Reds: Roberts (GK), Williams (c), Russell, de Gevigney, Cadden, Cosgrove, McCart, Phillips, Earl, McAtee, Connell.
    Subs: Killip (GK), Kane, Jaló, Cotter, O'Keeffe, James, Cole.

Stevenage: Macgillivary (GK), Butler, Piergianni (c), Sweeney, List, Smith, Vancooten, Burns, Reid, Pressley, L Thompson.
    Subs: Mitchell (GK), N.Thompson, Freeman, Roberts, Guinness-Walker, B.Thompson, Hemmings.

Sam Cosgrove comes in for Devante Cole.
    Kane still on bench.

Said in the Kane thread that I’d have him in the team ahead of Russell.

Rest of it seems okay. Cosgrove and McAtee have linked up well in recent weeks in my opinion so hopefully both will have good games tonight.

Wel got in front when to be fair Phillips looked well offside.
    Stevenage much the better side and deserve to be level. I just don't understand these long aimless balls to Cosgrove who gives up on them as soon as they arrive, that is if the pass is anywhere near him!!!
    They are raiding down the right wing and Earl just let's them run and get a cross in, why is he not sending ball and player into row Z?
    Unless Collins changes something we won't win this cos we just aren't making chances.

1 way traffic Stevanage all over us! Passing dire, attack toothless, defence weak and all over the place.

Absolutely dire . Fetch Warnock in for the last five games

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast