+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My GOAT

Goalkeepers now are overprotected. Also sides hardly play with wingers now. Victor in the old days wouldn't look as good. Apart from watching Roth U style of football now doesn't make me want to watch it.

Without a shadow of a doubt Viktor has kept the useless Richardson in employment. Without his contribution the goals conceded figure would be frightening.

Well said.
    I agree with all the above.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Goalkeepers now are overprotected. Also sides hardly play with wingers now. Victor in the old days wouldn't look as good. Apart from watching Roth U style of football now doesn't make me want to watch it.
    I'm pretty sure when Walt Disney came up with the slogan "The Happiest Place On Earth" for Disneyland he hadn't experienced the Gru household

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    J, pack it in now pal. I’ve agreed to some of your posts why I don’t know but now you are targeting a fantastic player who is wholeheartedly committed to our club.

Vicktor is rock hard and gets in where it damn well hurts! Vicktor in the ‘old days’ would have been a giant amongst men.

A wonderful servant and a diamond in the rufc rough.. always has time for the young kids to sign autographs.
    He deserves a decent pay packet for the next 7-8 years he should have left of his career...
    If he doesn't go I hope TS rewards him and makes him the highest earner at rufc on a very long contract. It's well deserved

Victor, is the nicest man

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miller View Post
    Even above Dave Watson! And Ronnie.
    https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...gation-4583538
    He has given 4 pairs of signed goalkeeper gloves to four of our grandchildren.
    They came with a personal hug! He is the best! All the best to a fantastic person.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Dave Watson is often named as our greatest ever player. I'm too young to have seen him play so for those old enough, is he considered our greatest as much for what he achieved after leaving us than when he was playing for us? By that I mean, if he'd not gone on to win the FA Cup and get so many England caps etc, do you think he'd still be seen as the best we've ever had? That's not to be disrespectful, it's a genuine question as I never saw him.

I just say this because in my time watching Rotherham since the 90s, I can't think of a player who has consistently played to such a high level as often as Viktor has. He was very good in his first two seasons, but he's been off the scale these last two years. Could he stake a claim to genuinely be our greatest ever player based purely on performances for RUFC?
    Those of us who saw Watson were STUNNED by him and the answer is an absolute yes. Easily the best player I have ever seen in our shirt - but Viktor is so much more than just that.
    Said only today he'd be happy to stay another year with us!!!!

Over my 65yrs a Miller I’ve been very fortunate to see some great players for us. Albert Bennett, Johnny Quinn, Dave Watson,Gerry Forest, Tony Towner & King Ronnie. My GOAT would after be Ronnie Moore player & Manager.

My goat would be in a curry if I had one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast