+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My GOAT

My GOAT

Even above Dave Watson! And Ronnie.
    https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...gation-4583538

A one-man team. Loyalty to shame all (players and good hoomans)... Still not using any excuses. Not even Roundwood. God bless you Viking. I hope you leave us for a top, top club.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miller View Post
    A one-man team. Loyalty to shame all (players and good hoomans)... Still not using any excuses. Not even Roundwood. God bless you Viking. I hope you leave us for a top, top club.
    What you've said.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    What you've said.
    Yep. He even sounds like the type of person who (despite what's in the agreement) will be negotiating to make sure RUFC get as much as possible out of the deal when he leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Yep. He even sounds like the type of person who (despite what's in the agreement) will be negotiating to make sure RUFC get as much as possible out of the deal when he leaves.
    A proper thoroughly great young man. All the best Viktor in whatever you do when you leave.

Yes, excellent player one of the best we’ve had at the club.

Interesting though that he says “ “We had all the tools to kick on from last season but we just haven’t been good enough. It's hugely disappointing”

All the tools? No blaming of the trading facilities as an excuse then?

Dave Watson is often named as our greatest ever player. I'm too young to have seen him play so for those old enough, is he considered our greatest as much for what he achieved after leaving us than when he was playing for us? By that I mean, if he'd not gone on to win the FA Cup and get so many England caps etc, do you think he'd still be seen as the best we've ever had? That's not to be disrespectful, it's a genuine question as I never saw him.

I just say this because in my time watching Rotherham since the 90s, I can't think of a player who has consistently played to such a high level as often as Viktor has. He was very good in his first two seasons, but he's been off the scale these last two years. Could he stake a claim to genuinely be our greatest ever player based purely on performances for RUFC?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Dave Watson is often named as our greatest ever player. I'm too young to have seen him play so for those old enough, is he considered our greatest as much for what he achieved after leaving us than when he was playing for us? By that I mean, if he'd not gone on to win the FA Cup and get so many England caps etc, do you think he'd still be seen as the best we've ever had? That's not to be disrespectful, it's a genuine question as I never saw him.

I just say this because in my time watching Rotherham since the 90s, I can't think of a player who has consistently played to such a high level as often as Viktor has. He was very good in his first two seasons, but he's been off the scale these last two years. Could he stake a claim to genuinely be our greatest ever player based purely on performances for RUFC?

We are talking about a player here that played at centre half as well as centre forward for us, fitting into both roles excellently.

In his England days there was a lot of competition for the shirt ( unlike now) and he was the best of the best available in that position.

Definitely my GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    He’s already said he’d be happy to carry on playing for us in L1.

Obviously that assumes no other club takes him on, but even so not many players would even consider saying that in his current position

Love Victor, superb player credit to himself, his family, the profession and our club

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast