+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Morton

Oakley back playing for Morton tonight, in time for playing us

If Airdrie win and Morton stays a draw then makes Friday even bigger for Morton

Same team again Utd and don't give away the first gooal

F*cking yes! Having that thank you very much ya six fingered b*stards 🤣🤣

Only 3 wins required now but should Raith fail to win ANY of their last 4 games it would only require 2 wins.

Come on utd what a chance! Beat Morton Friday and I think there is even more chance of Raith slipping up Saturday!

Its gonna be some weekend ahead with all top 6 involved against each other. League is not gonna be secured, but i think the top 4 will be confirmed.

Morton still have a slim chance of making the play-offs so i think it may be a tough night for us on Friday.

Partick still have a tiny chance of making second in the league, but i think they will be more concerned about Airdrie catching them, but either way, its a huge game for Partick.

Then its Airdrie v Dunfermline. Again its a slim chance for Dunfermline to make the play-offs, but i think Airdrie have the momentum just now and will be looking to cement that claim they have on a play-off spot.

Back in our own yard, same team as far as can be achieved, allow the freedom that showed on Saturday, then who knows....

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Its gonna be some weekend ahead with all top 6 involved against each other. League is not gonna be secured, but i think the top 4 will be confirmed.

Morton still have a slim chance of making the play-offs so i think it may be a tough night for us on Friday.

Partick still have a tiny chance of making second in the league, but i think they will be more concerned about Airdrie catching them, but either way, its a huge game for Partick.

Then its Airdrie v Dunfermline. Again its a slim chance for Dunfermline to make the play-offs, but i think Airdrie have the momentum just now and will be looking to cement that claim they have on a play-off spot.

Back in our own yard, same team as far as can be achieved, allow the freedom that showed on Saturday, then who knows....
    I see it as a positive if Morton need all 3 points on Friday 🧡

Have to hope team keep the foot on the gas and win on Friday - if we can get to 6 or 7 points ahead after next weekend would put us in great position.

Could secure the league at home to Ayr

Do it at Tannadice with games to spare

Lots to play for - do it in style with a winning run

I hope that this gives the players another reminder to focus on the Morton game. We still can only win this one game at a time and a win on Friday, gives Raith one less game for us to slip up. I don't want to look further ahead than Friday. Morton have proven to be a difficult team for us to break down..alhough I think they are keech, but we have consistently struggled against them. We have won hee haw yet.....so the message must be the same...we need to win every game until the end of the season or until the title is won. Complacency can't be allowed to creep in. We have made a habit out of not capitalising on dropped points....so we need to break that habit. The Morton game is now even more massive for us!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    I hope that this gives the players another reminder to focus on the Morton game. We still can only win this one game at a time and a win on Friday, gives Raith one less game for us to slip up. I don't want to look further ahead than Friday. Morton have proven to be a difficult team for us to break down..alhough I think they are keech, but we have consistently struggled against them. We have won hee haw yet.....so the message must be the same...we need to win every game until the end of the season or until the title is won. Complacency can't be allowed to creep in. We have made a habit out of not capitalising on dropped points....so we need to break that habit. The Morton game is now even more massive for us!

Agree to an extent but think the struggles are over stated

Only in the first meeting were we full strength, was very one sided then we gave a comedy goal away for equaliser they were never looking like threatening (only time we've not won after taking the lead) , the ref was terrible, we somehow ended up with ten men too instead of them

The Jan meeting they were in great form, we weren't full strength, we went 2 down early then scored 2 good goals to equalise before half time, second half was as one sided as you get in our favour, poor ref again missed a stonewall pen, then gives a soft second booking to sibbald, they score a winner a minute later, the second half we win 9 times out of ten

We go to Morton midweek and win in a bit of a battle, neither side on form, wasn't pretty but we won with guys like tillson starting etc

If we have the same team available as the last two this could be the best nick we do into a game against them so far this season, just don't give away the first goal

..it's the "Don't lose the first goal" bit that is the problem. Morton are a horrific team. They foul constantly and throw themselves to the deck as soon as you look at them. Their game plan is to stop the opposition playing football...awful to watch. The lad Oakley battered our defence in the games he's played and was missing for the last one. I imagine that Friday is going to be every bit as horrific football wise as the rest of the games against Morton. If JG sets the team up as he has in the past 2 games, then we should have enough to win...buf if he goes back to the " lets just not get beat" mantra...then we might struggle. It would be nice to get an early goal again to settle us...and it would be even nicer to get a referee that wasn't an absolute bell whiff! The standard of officiating in this league has been nothing short of scandalous at times! As we have shown this season, every one of the teams that we are playing before the end of the season could be a banana skin. We need 100% focus..we are a few more cup finals away from getting tae feck out this league!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)