+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Morton

footyadventures vlog of game

https://youtu.be/jJvQ2TjBJv0

BREAKING NEWS - BBC Glasgow pundit reacts to latest Dundee United victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    He's not Keiran Trippier I'll give you that. But Goodwin had a hopeless budget to work with and overall has done ok with it, Grimshaw has done just fine overall this season at this level.
    He also provided a fine delivery for Docherty to get that crucial and early first goal last night. Yes, he shaded off recently but so did Kai, Watt, Moult and Middleton and Gallagher to name just 5 others, but it's Grimshaw that gets the pelters. Not getting it.
    I cannae make out what budget JG had to deal with, but i get the feeling the "Biggest in the league!" that is regularly touted has clouded some peoples judgement on that. The signing of Grim, Doc n Holt had the look of a very good bit of business, and so it played out for the first half of the season for 2 of them. Docs injury issues are well known, and we have now lost Holt who some have said has played his last game for us, which i hope is not true.

Sadly im not one for remembering every detail about what happened in what match, but at some point this season, i noticed in a game that Grimshaw wasnt at his best. That then continued into another game, then another and i started mentioning it on here. Soon after that, Thomson got his chance, and while he was quite raw, he was definitely the better option. If Grimshaw played consistently at the level seen early on, its a no brainer for me, but im not the only one to see even last night he didnt have a good game.

You are right about the 5 you named, but i exclude Gallagher and Moult from this as i think they have been playing through injury in quite a few games. I would like to ask, if Grimshaw has been getting pelters lately, then how do you describe what T Watt was being subjected to? Then you look at Kai and Middleton who have had serious form dips with apparently no credible back up.

And on that i will finish. There has been a discussion not so long ago about the fans reaction to youngsters, and i really dont get why people im sure commented on that, then become as negative as others when an exciting prospect comes into the team for a bang average journeyman. Dont get me wrong though as i do like Grim, but he aint the future of the club i love.

Grimshaw was steady for good two thirds of the season, didn't offer a great deal going forward, but definitely steady at this level. The obvious default to miller-Thompson if you want to go physical and more defensive, have to admit though watching him last night I'm not convinced he is massively better defensively than miller-thomson, I think miller-thomson is probably better on one to ones.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Grimshaw was steady for good two thirds of the season, didn't offer a great deal going forward, but definitely steady at this level. The obvious default to miller-Thompson if you want to go physical and more defensive, have to admit though watching him last night I'm not convinced he is massively better defensively than miller-thomson, I think miller-thomson is probably better on one to ones.
    I thought Grimshaw was OK last night. I don't think he is anywhere near premiership standard. And I haven't seen anything that would suggest he can make the step up.

Solid player for us this year though. Part of the defence that was really miserly for the first third of the season. He's done well. But imo, would not cut it in the premiership.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)