+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Morton

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Friday night has the feeling of a last hurdle about it. Win that and realistically it's done. I'd go as far as to say that we may have done it even before we play again given Raith's next two fixtures. Of course, winning Friday night as always is easier said than done.
    I would rather not spell this out, but this is very close to the way im thinking. It could be as little as win on Friday and see what Raith do before our next home game. Hope im not sounding too positive!

Feels like everything is trending in our favour now, to go seven points ahead at this stage would be massive, our form is improved, Morton played Tuesday, their form has dipped, I feel we win Friday it's in our grasp...

But the two reasons we have failed to get clear to now has been our head to heads with Raith, which we partly atoned, and our inability to win 4-5 games in a row at any point in the season, even when playing well. We've opened the door for Raith so many times this season, that it would be total to form for us to drop points again Friday. This is a chance to really put the foot down.

Last nights result has definitely swung things hugely in our favour. For me ,if we win this weekend and they don't then it's almost done. I can't see any way we don't win it from that position. But let's just get it done on Friday before worrying about what they do. Massive Massive game,massive opportunity, please don't blow it boys!!

Come on United!!

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Feels like everything is trending in our favour now, to go seven points ahead at this stage would be massive, our form is improved, Morton played Tuesday, their form has dipped, I feel we win Friday it's in our grasp...

But the two reasons we have failed to get clear to now has been our head to heads with Raith, which we partly atoned, and our inability to win 4-5 games in a row at any point in the season, even when playing well. We've opened the door for Raith so many times this season, that it would be total to form for us to drop points again Friday. This is a chance to really put the foot down.
    It's interesting but RR have failed to capitalise on our slip ups a lot too!

If we lose the next one and Raith win...then it's back to 1pt and squeeky bum time. We MUST win this game and heap the pressure on Raith. We are close but we are defo not home and dry! Every team that we play, would love to derail our season! We will face ex-dees, ex-arabs and ex ex-rangers players. They will be desperate to f#ck this up! It's time again for focus, teamwork and 100% effort. Let's not finish with a photo finish..lets win this with a sprint at the end!

This title race certainly isn’t over

I watched Raith highlights and they played well - Airdrie hit some great strikes to go ahead

Up to us now to take this chance

One match at a time

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    This title race certainly isn’t over

I watched Raith highlights and they played well - Airdrie hit some great strikes to go ahead

Up to us now to take this chance

One match at a time
    100% agree it’s not over. BUT, we can make it over - win tomorrow night and as far as I’m concerned it’s done. I’m not sure RR were really all that good Tuesday night. Their defence was shockingly bad and parted like the Red Sea for all three goal. Keith Watson (who I still have admiration for) has regretfully run his race.He was hopelessly exposed for pace on the third goal.

Their attacks in the second half smacked of sheer and utter desperation following on from the usual panic ‘chuck on all the forwards’ subbies at half time. I have no doubt all of this was down to the sheer pressure of knowing they HAD to win following the weekend. IF we get the win, the psychological effect of being then seven points behind I suspect may lead to a similar type of performance against Thistle and I could absolutely see them dropping more points.

HOWEVER, we could just as easily give them renewed hope. If we lose tomorrow night, incredibly we could give them an opportunity to actually be ahead of us by the time we play Ayr given they play next Friday, albeit with a game more played. But that would then potentially put us under pressure going in to that match.

The bottom line though is that it all comes down to us and what we do. So tomorrow night, we want same team, same attitude, same performance and same result so that we can keep calm and carry on.

I am like the rest, game a time, anything can still happen but quietly and worryingly I'm feeling very confident we will get it done, we are the best side in the league when have most players fit, especially Doc beside Sibbald, as long as JG keeps the sensible line ups going into tomorrow etc, he kinda started to overthink after Raiths fortunate win in Feb, thankfully since then he's gone back to the front 6 from early season and it's paying off

We know exactly how Morton are going to play.im hoping we've figured them out by now They played Tuesday night and I expect that to tell. Big broadfoot will be covered in blisters, run at that big lump.

Need absolute maximum energy and intensity all game. Do not lose an early goal. We've got this I think.

A word of caution from a blind optimist.
    On the back of Airdrie's defeat of Raith on Tuesday I have seen far too many posts here & elsewhere about the title race being 'over' or, more moderately, 'as good as over'.
    Is it ****.
    We're away ahead of ourselves. Yes, a win for us tonight & a Raith loss tomorrow and I'll be in the 'as good as over' camp.
    A loss for us tonite & a win for Raith tomorrow, both results being entirely possible, I hate to think the reaction.
    There have been far too many bumps throughout the season to think that there won't be any more.
    C'mon United but be prepared for all scenarios.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)