+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Morton

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Wasnt one game that i saw with my own eyes, it was a run of games where his form was falling off a cliff. But credit where its due, he did well today against a poor Morton side.

MotM tonight is a very difficult choice to make, for me at least. Almost everyone on the pitch has a claim to it, but to be a bit more critical than i really should be, Walton did nothing, Grimshaw, McClelland and even Graham all made mistakes. McMann again was his usual self, but for me, Moult, Watt, Sibbald and Docherty were all very good, and i think Kai just edges Middleton as my MotM as he just seemed to be a major pain in the erse, at times to all 4 defenders at the same time!

Now its back to waiting to see if Raith will slip up before we play again on the 20th. Really dont want to be voicing my renewed optimism, but we only need 1 win n 2 draws, so anything less than 2 wins and it could be a decisive weekend for the title.

Haven't missed a home game and been to a few away and saw the rest, we'll agree to disagree

He did nothing wrong and Goodwin taking him out the team after Kirkcaldy was bizarre as we'd played very well, he panicked and started over thinking, he cost of one goal, he's contributed way more positive both being solid as feck in defence and driving is on at times during lean spells, he's not great but he's not had any real poor games other than that ICT game

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Excellent stuff, high tempo, completely bossed them first hour, their goal killed it a bit and we were happy to see it out, kill the game which was fine

Dirty *******s like, stamp on Moult and headlock choke on Graham (why was Graham booked ffs) , very pleasing to give them a doing on their patch, us being very much in the driving seat is annoying and disappointing all the right people too

Well done Utd, onto next week at home to Ayr
    You're right about the nonsense of Graham being booked Shedders, a similar scenario to Walton getting booked at the infamous Jack Hamilton wipeout, an incident btw which, when all said & done, will cost Raith the title. Slide into Sunday my ar$e. Walton should have got some sort of reward for not banging the boy in the pu$$. Likewise Ross Graham last night.

been a real shift in how we play in the last few games. We have went 4-4-2 long balls upto the 2 big men looking for knockdowns and Sibs and doch have been good with the 2nd balls, Then we play in the final 3rd.

Very effective and Teams havnt been able to cope with it

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    been a real shift in how we play in the last few games. We have went 4-4-2 long balls upto the 2 big men looking for knockdowns and Sibs and doch have been good with the 2nd balls, Then we play in the final 3rd.

Very effective and Teams havnt been able to cope with it
    It's definitely working. And there's a new aggression throughout the side on and off the ball.

On Grimshaw, thought he did just fine, one moment of minor indecision but was defensively sound throughout. Thomson may be one for the future but he's prone to get caught too far forward, he's still learning the role and Grimshaw offered more physicality so it was spot on from Goodwin.

Been great to watch recently. Confidence is clearly there. Playing like they enjoy it. So much more interchange up top, players trying little one twos and moving with so much more attacking purpose. Moult not isolated like he was.

Docherty is a difference maker. Reads the game so well. His anticipation and ability to be in the right place is absolutely brilliant. Real partnership being built with Sibbald.

Defensively we dealt with everything we had to. McMann a great outlet going forward too.

Favourite part of last night though was watching Middleton return to the guy who was happy to beat his man on the outside and get a delivery in. Even after 2 minutes you could tell he was going to have a good game. Pleased for him he got his goal

Docherty return and being fit has been huge for us, Middleton did well last night, good to see him get a goal, he can score a goal cutting in on to his left or if he plays central, think he should have been shifted there at times during matches and watt put out wide when we have struggled to break teams down. Think Middletons limitations are he can only go outside, but can put in some great deliveries when on his game. Watt and moult have come good when it matters too past couple of months with some crucial goals at crucial times.

Momentum is all with us to beat Ayr, guess test will be if opposition get first goal, but I'm confident with team confidence and fans fully behind team at moment we would overcome that. strong starts past two games. It's almost going too well just now, makes me wonder if there is a random freak result out there coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    It's definitely working. And there's a new aggression throughout the side on and off the ball.

On Grimshaw, thought he did just fine, one moment of minor indecision but was defensively sound throughout. Thomson may be one for the future but he's prone to get caught too far forward, he's still learning the role and Grimshaw offered more physicality so it was spot on from Goodwin.
    Grimshaw lost every duel to his opponent in that first half. Awful player looks like a competition winner and looks so akward.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    Grimshaw lost every duel to his opponent in that first half. Awful player looks like a competition winner and looks so akward.
    He's not Keiran Trippier I'll give you that. But Goodwin had a hopeless budget to work with and overall has done ok with it, Grimshaw has done just fine overall this season at this level.
    He also provided a fine delivery for Docherty to get that crucial and early first goal last night. Yes, he shaded off recently but so did Kai, Watt, Moult and Middleton and Gallagher to name just 5 others, but it's Grimshaw that gets the pelters. Not getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    Been great to watch recently. Confidence is clearly there. Playing like they enjoy it. So much more interchange up top, players trying little one twos and moving with so much more attacking purpose. Moult not isolated like he was.

Docherty is a difference maker. Reads the game so well. His anticipation and ability to be in the right place is absolutely brilliant. Real partnership being built with Sibbald.

Defensively we dealt with everything we had to. McMann a great outlet going forward too.

Favourite part of last night though was watching Middleton return to the guy who was happy to beat his man on the outside and get a delivery in. Even after 2 minutes you could tell he was going to have a good game. Pleased for him he got his goal

Yes all this agreed, particularly about Doc abs how important he's been now he's been properly sharp and Middleton looking like he's enjoying it again and regained confidence

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Docherty return and being fit has been huge for us, Middleton did well last night, good to see him get a goal, he can score a goal cutting in on to his left or if he plays central, think he should have been shifted there at times during matches and watt put out wide when we have struggled to break teams down. Think Middletons limitations are he can only go outside, but can put in some great deliveries when on his game. Watt and moult have come good when it matters too past couple of months with some crucial goals at crucial times.

Momentum is all with us to beat Ayr, guess test will be if opposition get first goal, but I'm confident with team confidence and fans fully behind team at moment we would overcome that. strong starts past two games. It's almost going too well just now, makes me wonder if there is a random freak result out there coming!

I know start your are saying, we will either canter it with a week next week or it'll go to one if the last two and we will draw or something but get over the line

Raith play twice before the Ayr game, today and away to Inverness on Friday, I can't see them winning both but if they do adds a bit of pressure as would be back to a point

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)