+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Morton

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    ..it's the "Don't lose the first goal" bit that is the problem. Morton are a horrific team. They foul constantly and throw themselves to the deck as soon as you look at them. Their game plan is to stop the opposition playing football...awful to watch. The lad Oakley battered our defence in the games he's played and was missing for the last one. I imagine that Friday is going to be every bit as horrific football wise as the rest of the games against Morton. If JG sets the team up as he has in the past 2 games, then we should have enough to win...buf if he goes back to the " lets just not get beat" mantra...then we might struggle. It would be nice to get an early goal again to settle us...and it would be even nicer to get a referee that wasn't an absolute bell whiff! The standard of officiating in this league has been nothing short of scandalous at times! As we have shown this season, every one of the teams that we are playing before the end of the season could be a banana skin. We need 100% focus..we are a few more cup finals away from getting tae feck out this league!
    Still a long way to go

As you say a lot of potential banana skins

It takes just one bad ref call and a game can disappear

The margin for error is still tight and there is a lot to work still to do

At to that our history with Morton this season and their manager - including the Hamilton play off

Still a lot of work to do

It’s one game at a time and give it everything

The margin for error is still tight but we do now have breathing space. A luxury RR don't have.

Yeah, it is 100% in our own hands..thats a luxury that Raith don't have! At the moment, we need 9 pts out of the next 4 games. We still have to take this one game at a time, take care of our own business and hopefully Raith slip up. We don't want to give them a sniff at catching us!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Yeah, it is 100% in our own hands..thats a luxury that Raith don't have! At the moment, we need 9 pts out of the next 4 games. We still have to take this one game at a time, take care of our own business and hopefully Raith slip up. We don't want to give them a sniff at catching us!
    Raith wont win their last 4 games, even if they draw 1 and win 3, we only need 2 wins.

we have

Morton A
    Ayr H
    Airdire A
    Partick H

those last 2 Airdrie and partick will be preparing for the playoffs

Raith have

Partick H
    Inverness A
    Morton A
    Arbroath H

Its over people, I think we clinch it Airdrie away.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    Raith wont win their last 4 games, even if they draw 1 and win 3, we only need 2 wins.

we have

Morton A
    Ayr H
    Airdire A
    Partick H

those last 2 Airdrie and partick will be preparing for the playoffs

Raith have

Partick H
    Inverness A
    Morton A
    Arbroath H

Its over people, I think we clinch it Airdrie away.
    If we beat Morton and Raith fail to beat Partick we can go in to Ayr game knowing a win clinches the title. Friday night is crucial to not allow Raith any route back in.

Yip, I can't see Raith winning all their remaining games...but theoretically they could. I do, however, think if we manage to beat Morton....Raith will maybe start to think about the play offs and rotating some players. It is super important that we keep our foot on their throats and don't give them a sniff at catching us. Beat Morton and I think we are as good as done! We can't be complacent until we win it....this is Dundee United and when you have followed them for years, you learn to not count your chickens!

Agree, this shower have let us down too many times.
    If they show up and play with intent we'll win, it's still an if though.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm still ****ing myself. 😂

Friday night has the feeling of a last hurdle about it. Win that and realistically it's done. I'd go as far as to say that we may have done it even before we play again given Raith's next two fixtures. Of course, winning Friday night as always is easier said than done.

Let's just concentrate on Friday night against Morton. We know it's going to be a hard, physical game, but if we show the positive attitude that we showed against Raith and Queens Park, then we should succeed.
    But three points would be very nice.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)