+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manager of the season

Manager of the season

Says it all.

Let’s look at the results between Corberan and the three candidates. Leeds needed a late equaliser to claim a point at Elland Road while Grady Diangana’s goal gave West Brom the win at home. West Brom handed Ipswich their first away loss with one of their best performances of the season, while the Tractor Boys needed a late equaliser at Portman Road. And at fortress Hawthorns, West Brom beat Hull 3-1 and drew 1-1 away. So Corberan is unbeaten and has taken four points off all three.

What's your point boingy?
    🤔

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Says it all.

Let’s look at the results between Corberan and the three candidates. Leeds needed a late equaliser to claim a point at Elland Road while Grady Diangana’s goal gave West Brom the win at home. West Brom handed Ipswich their first away loss with one of their best performances of the season, while the Tractor Boys needed a late equaliser at Portman Road. And at fortress Hawthorns, West Brom beat Hull 3-1 and drew 1-1 away. So Corberan is unbeaten and has taken four points off all three.

Look up a little word - "consistency". Consistency over the games played - consistency over quality football - consistency in entertaining the fans. The Ipswich manager easily wins this award!

PS - if we don't make the play offs when we had such a good lead - please none of this - it's Lai's fault - it's better than we expected at the start of the season.

We should make the play offs but if we don't the fault lies with the players and Corberon!

PS - As Furlong been called up for England yet

I’m not saying Corberan deserves it more than the Ipswich manager, but what I copied and pasted was a quote from an article from a publisher who was completely baffled by him not being included especially with his record against the candidates. Good point I thought. And by the way, as long as Walker is breathing no one stands a chance of being Englands right back do they? The Guys a machine!

I'm pretty shocked Rosenior has been nominated, I think they are about 10th in the league and he's had a reasonably healthy budget too.

Ipswich manager will probably win it, but I think someone who should have been nominated is Danny Rohl at Sheff Wed. The fact they have a sniff of staying up is incredible given the situation he walked into.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I'm pretty shocked Rosenior has been nominated, I think they are about 10th in the league and he's had a reasonably healthy budget too.

Ipswich manager will probably win it, but I think someone who should have been nominated is Danny Rohl at Sheff Wed. The fact they have a sniff of staying up is incredible given the situation he walked into.

Your right 123 as forgot about Rohl as he’s done a remarkable job. Let’s just hope they win tonight! I wouldn’t want to go to Sheffield if we need the points and they desperately do too.

We have to get 6 points from next two home games and hope Norwich and Coventry drop some as have little confidence in our next two away games.

Ipswich manager for me, as for Carlos he’s done wonders with some pretty poor players, the football though especially away from home has been utterly boring.
    I for one look forward to seeing the proper Carlos Corberan when he builds his own Albion side minus the likes of Furlong, Townsend and Bartley

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Ipswich manager for me, as for Carlos he’s done wonders with some pretty poor players, the football though especially away from home has been utterly boring.
    I for one look forward to seeing the proper Carlos Corberan when he builds his own Albion side minus the likes of Furlong, Townsend and Bartley
    🤣 don’t stop do you. I just saw another report where Furlong ranks as our third best player this season. Just shows if you hate someone you really hate someone. That’s ok though. Carlos rates him that all that matters. 😉

🤣 don’t stop do you. I just saw another report where Furlong ranks as our third best player this season. Just shows if you hate someone you really hate someone. That’s ok though. Carlos rates him that all that matters. 😉

Furlong is committed but in footballing terms he’s a bottom championship player at best although marginally better than Townsend who is s hite!

You were constantly slagging off Grady not so long ago Boingy but he’s been our best player with goals and assists.

Funny old world! You never know Furlong could go to the Euros but then again Foden could come to West Brom 😂

Not a case of hating any player, in my opinion I don’t think defensively he is very good, other opinions differ like yourself who think he should be Englands first choice right back.
    Be a sad world if everyone agrees on the same thing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)