+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitch Problems

[QUOTE=ROMA84;40485022]
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    The pitch was re-laid not re-seeded[/QUOTEIn what way was it re laid. Did they lay new turf. Istill think compaction will be the issue here.
    Re-turfed then - including a new sand substrate I believe

Quote Originally Posted by ROMA84 View Post
    everyone is blaming the drains, but soil compaction will stop water flow from the pitch downward to the drains. that is probably why the water wont drain away If this is the case then soil compaction will have to be checked then remedial work carried out.
    Exactly this. The problem is 100% due to compaction. The water gets down so far, then doesn't get any further due to the soil being compacted. Nothing to do with outside drainage.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Exactly this. The problem is 100% due to compaction. The water gets down so far, then doesn't get any further due to the soil being compacted. Nothing to do with outside drainage.
    Bull**** - another Arab that knows everything about Dundee FC, their finances and now the pitch.

We've known for years that the pitch issues are caused by drainage problems but you lot know better - absolute belters. Compaction on a brand new pitch that's never walked on except when games are played - FFS I've never re-laid my lawn and I've been here for 13 years with no compaction problems. I'd say you couldn't make it up but, well the pair of you just did.

Bull**** - another Arab that knows everything about Dundee FC, their finances and now the pitch.

We've known for years that the pitch issues are caused by drainage problems but you lot know better - absolute belters. Compaction on a brand new pitch that's never walked on except when games are played - FFS I've never re-laid my lawn and I've been here for 13 years with no compaction problems. I'd say you couldn't make it up but, well the pair of you just did.
    Does your garden have undersoil heating that bakes the soil hard? Do you drive up and down your garden every week with a tractor? Or cut it with a 200kg mower? No, didn't think so. Don't know anything about Dundee FC or their finances but I do know about sport turf.

FWIW, 10-20mm comes off a football pitch in the summer. It's then sanded and re-seeded. No turf laying, no removing 6 inches and nothing to do with drainage.

Just trying to give you guys an understanding of what actually happens, instead of the guesswork you're all doing. 😉

as I said "head in the sand". Would my 10 years working on a Scottish premier league pitch and a couple of Scottish league and Junior pitches not make you think I might have a bit more knowledge of the way things work.

as I said "head in the sand". Would my 10 years working on a Scottish premier league pitch and a couple of Scottish league and Junior pitches not make you think I might have a bit more knowledge of the way things work.
    You go to tannadice every week but can't name a player who could get in our squad....so anything possible. 😎

No, unless you've worked on that specific pitch and know all the specific problems related to it of course.

Does your garden have undersoil heating that bakes the soil hard? Do you drive up and down your garden every week with a tractor? Or cut it with a 200kg mower? No, didn't think so. Don't know anything about Dundee FC or their finances but I do know about sport turf.

FWIW, 10-20mm comes off a football pitch in the summer. It's then sanded and re-seeded. No turf laying, no removing 6 inches and nothing to do with drainage.

Just trying to give you guys an understanding of what actually happens, instead of the guesswork you're all doing. 😉
    One man's 20mm is another man's 6 inches.

Just trying to give you guys an understanding of what actually happens, instead of the guesswork you're all doing. ��
    Point one - I'm not sure how many times the undersoil heating's actually been used at Dens over the last year.

Point two - baking the soil hard, baking the fkn soil hard? Have a listen to yourself please. It's soil, not fkn BeRo.

Point three - the 'tractor' is a small lightweight one with large tyres to spread the load. Designed in fact to avoid....... well, you tell me. A grass cutter's nowhere near heavy enough to cause significant compaction.

Point four - are you saying that grass seed is sown in sand? Wow, such a fertile substrate.

We're guessing, that much is correct, but our guesses are a good bit more believable than, for example, your idea that grass grows in sand.

Point one - I'm not sure how many times the undersoil heating's actually been used at Dens over the last year.

Point two - baking the soil hard, baking the fkn soil hard? Have a listen to yourself please. It's soil, not fkn BeRo.

Point three - the 'tractor' is a small lightweight one with large tyres to spread the load. Designed in fact to avoid....... well, you tell me. A grass cutter's nowhere near heavy enough to cause significant compaction.

Point four - are you saying that grass seed is sown in sand? Wow, such a fertile substrate.

We're guessing, that much is correct, but our guesses are a good bit more believable than, for example, your idea that grass grows in sand.
    it will grow in sand

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)