+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dundee home April 13th Match Thread

Which is fair enough, I think. I’ll be keen to see what we do if/when we’re mathematically safe.

It does rather throw into stark relief Warnock’s experimentation, none of which succeeded. I think he thought we were safer than we were and was going after 3 points rather recklessly.

Equally, though, we have to change the script next weekend or we’ll be going out with a whimper.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Same old, same old.

Another game nearer the end of the season - only positive there.

Pass marks for MacDonald. Great clearance off the line. No fück ups from Roos. The rest varied between ineffective & invisible (McGrath a particular highlight there).

Ryan Duncan? Nah. I just dont see it. Just not a footballer.

Devlin again showing he’s just not good enough for us. What the actual fück was he doing just before MacDonald cleared that one off the line - honest to god.

Duk started like a house on fire, got three of them booked, then totally vanished. I really just don’t get that lad.

Shinnie needs to wise up. The amount of stupid cards that guy picks up is ridiculous - today’s being a particular highlight. Honestly min, at your age you really should know better.

All that money spent & Dundee are clearly better then us. Lads like McCowan and Tiffony would walk into our team. Pretty damning.

Thelin has a helluva job sorting this shyte out. He will need time, but he’s actually got a track record of building teams and making more than the sum of their parts - exactly what we need in a manager - so we need to back him and give him a couple of seasons to sort it out.

Nae gaan next week, just like this season, it’ll be a pointless waste of everyone’s time …
    Thought McKenzie had another solid game. Roos did ****-up but fortunately VAR was working...he and Gartenmann, when faced with any type of physical contact, are like rabbits in the headlights. Hopefully Jack Milne will get a couple of games at CB in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I think Leven is drilling it into the squad to keep it tight, meaning that nobody is prepared to take a chance in the final third.
    Every time we got the ball forward yesterday there was zero composure with the final ball.
    Hoilet is the one player we have who shows composure on the ball and can play a pass. Sadly you lose out defensively with him in the team as his legs appear to have gone.

You really have to feel for Miovski trying to play up front in our current set up. A thankless task.
    I think Leven's sole focus is making sure we're a top flight team next season.
    It's nae going to be pretty, by fu ck it's essential.
    The long term planning/strategising can start when we hit the magic number of points that mean one of County or St J canna catch us.
    How the fu ck did we get here? 😔

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    Thought McKenzie had another solid game. Roos did ****-up but fortunately VAR was working...he and Gartenmann, when faced with any type of physical contact, are like rabbits in the headlights. Hopefully Jack Milne will get a couple of games at CB in the next few weeks.
    McKenzie was Ok. He still runs about like a puppy chasing a crisp packet in the wind, and has regular brain farts, but he doesn't tend to hide (unlike lots of them) and his attitude is always pretty good (also unlike lots of them).

He's not good enough to be first choice if we want to be where we expect to be though. Decent squad backup. Nothing more...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    McKenzie was Ok. He still runs about like a puppy chasing a crisp packet in the wind, and has regular brain farts, but he doesn't tend to hide (unlike lots of them) and his attitude is always pretty good (also unlike lots of them).

He's not good enough to be first choice if we want to be where we expect to be though. Decent squad backup. Nothing more...
    Agree with this. Against better teams he is always inclined to switch off at some point either marking at a corner or letting his man run off him and we have lost quite a few goals/penalties as a result of him this season. He's 24 now so little likelihood he will "grow out of this". He's not the most important priority to be replaced this Summer but needs to be allowed to leave when his contract expires at the end of next season, unless Thelin can somehow improve him.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234