+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dundee home April 13th Match Thread

Yep, jinxed it. Second half was dross. Change can’t come soon enough.

Today was just groundhog day in terms of our performances this season,how the club have managed to blow so much money on a disjointed squad is an achievement in itself.

I really don’t think this signing players driven by data pish is all it’s cracked up to be. The Swedish guy really has his work cut out this summer, I can’t think of many players who are going to be able to play in his system so he’s going to need to sign a lot of players before the new season starts.

Congratulations to Dundee today though for winning the league. I remember when we won the league at Easter road in 1980 and we celebrated like that as well.

What about this as a common-sense approach to attacking football - try and get a decent shot on target with most attacks unless there are better options trying to re-build the move using a different approach , eg, feeding the ball back and then trying the other flank or whatever whilst simultaneously retaining possession? Continually wasting balls, and seemingly not giving a flying f***, aside from being wasteful, is truly ignorant! Thelin is apparently a stickler for detail, so I assume that he’ll notice how few of our attacks come to anything!?

Same old, same old.

Another game nearer the end of the season - only positive there.

Pass marks for MacDonald. Great clearance off the line. No fück ups from Roos. The rest varied between ineffective & invisible (McGrath a particular highlight there).

Ryan Duncan? Nah. I just dont see it. Just not a footballer.

Devlin again showing he’s just not good enough for us. What the actual fück was he doing just before MacDonald cleared that one off the line - honest to god.

Duk started like a house on fire, got three of them booked, then totally vanished. I really just don’t get that lad.

Shinnie needs to wise up. The amount of stupid cards that guy picks up is ridiculous - today’s being a particular highlight. Honestly min, at your age you really should know better.

All that money spent & Dundee are clearly better then us. Lads like McCowan and Tiffony would walk into our team. Pretty damning.

Thelin has a helluva job sorting this shyte out. He will need time, but he’s actually got a track record of building teams and making more than the sum of their parts - exactly what we need in a manager - so we need to back him and give him a couple of seasons to sort it out.

Nae gaan next week, just like this season, it’ll be a pointless waste of everyone’s time …
    Last edited by The_Moog; 13-04-2024 at 07:42 PM.

I had the game on while painting our bedroom. At one point I was watching it drying in all patchy over the new plaster.
    So it turns out watching paint dry was more fun

My biggest concern this season league wise is that I haven’t seen any team that has looked like a good team but the majority of them look better than us even when we have won in the odd occasion.

The whole set up at the club is wrong and it’s all down to Cormack. He got this independent review done from some German company where every one hoped would result in the likes of Gunn and others being removed but all it seems to have done is recommended bringing in a technical director to support the clowns already there.

I just get the feeling that as long as Cormack is running the show we are always going to be a circus act.

Said already everything is moot until DC gets structure behind the team right. (Aside - so much for Burrows…)

With that said, it’s a match thread and even allowing for mishmash of recruitment/tactics/managers/players there’s still no excuse for the individual performances of these players.

Bar Miovksi wouldn’t be sad to see any of them go.
    That includes our captain who is an idiot.
    Last edited by Bojangles9; 13-04-2024 at 10:44 PM.

At this stage last year, Ah posted the comparative pre spilt stats re. Goodwin v Robson ... and it was pretty startlin'.

Ah ken, Ah ken ... Skodahl .. mini skirts .. blah blah .. but ...

for the sake o' 'new' tradition ... here's the numbers ...

2023/24 ... pre split ...

Clean sheets:
    BR ... 4/21 = 19%
    NW ... 0/6 = 0%
    PL ... 3/6 = 50%
    Total ........ 7/33 = 21%

GD:
    BR ... P21 GD -9
    NW ... P6 GD -6
    PL ... P6 GD +1
    Total .......... -14

NW ... 2/18 = 11%
    PL ... 9/18 = 50%
    Total ........ 35/99 = 35%

Wins:
    BR ... 6/21 = 29%
    NW ... 0/6 = 0%
    PL ... 2/6 = 33%
    Total ........ 8/33 = 24%

Tae labour the stats point ... whether yiz gie a fk or nae ...

If we extrapolate Robbo's points percentage/average .. over 33 games, we would have 38 points rather than the current 35 ... and if that extrapolation accounts for slightly less points for Hibs/Dundee ... we would still be 7th at best ... so nae good enough!

If we extrapolate Peter Levens 9 points fae a possible 18 ... ower 33 games, (aye, easy games maybe, but a point aff Celtic in there) we hae 49/50 points ... jist behind Killie's current 51 points ... but if Killie results are affected by said extrapolation ... then we're 4th .. ahead o' the fkers .. but still way short o' the Farts.

... nae bad eh? but we would still be moanin like fk

.... (sigh) ... if we extrapolate the results o' the 6 games the almighty (arse cheek licker) Neil Warnock took charge o' ....

in the same manner .... we would be in 12th place wi 11 points ... and relegation lang confirmed!

Miniskirts canna hide the fact that the appointment o' Neil fkn Warnock wis an unmitigated disaster and the decision tae mak that appointment was 'not of sound mind'.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    What about this as a common-sense approach to attacking football - try and get a decent shot on target with most attacks unless there are better options trying to re-build the move using a different approach , eg, feeding the ball back and then trying the other flank or whatever whilst simultaneously retaining possession? Continually wasting balls, and seemingly not giving a flying f***, aside from being wasteful, is truly ignorant! Thelin is apparently a stickler for detail, so I assume that he’ll notice how few of our attacks come to anything!?
    I think Leven is drilling it into the squad to keep it tight, meaning that nobody is prepared to take a chance in the final third.
    Every time we got the ball forward yesterday there was zero composure with the final ball.
    Hoilet is the one player we have who shows composure on the ball and can play a pass. Sadly you lose out defensively with him in the team as his legs appear to have gone.

You really have to feel for Miovski trying to play up front in our current set up. A thankless task.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast