+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What a night

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Only on Saturday you were pointing out the darkness that awaits us.

Thats normally my job on here.

Best leaving the doom mongering to an expert OB!

If I ain’t worried then nobody should be.

A win against Rotherham puts us 9 points clear of 7th place or 8 points clear if Hull won their game in hand.

Given our better goal difference this would then mean EVERY club from 7th and below would need to win at least 3 of their last 5 matches in in some case win 3 and draw 1 out of 5 games whilst we lose all 4 of our then remaining matches.

This is beyond unlikely, you have more chance of seeing Lord Lucan riding naked up Cradley Heath High Street on Shergar!

Beat Rotherham and Sunderland and all of the rest are close to requiring snookers to get ahead of us.

I’m feeling unusually sanguine about our next 5 matches ahead of us losing the play off semi against whoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post
    Having got back late and not having the best day out given toe result, I’ll take the point as disappointing as it is. We were not guaranteed promotion or play off material from the start so to be where we are is a bonus.

Many shouting we had secured a play off place to early. Subs perhaps might make sense when we have players available to pick up the points that we should be going forward as automatic promotion was gone months ago.

Time will tell.
    My post on Saturday does not indicate panic my behalf. It was a view of what I consider a realistic take on on a situation as it was then.

But you are right, following last nights games we are in a very good place and therefore will leave the doom and gloom predictions to you.

Anyway, I have no wish to see Lord Lucan naked or otherwise to be Frank, I guess I’d hear him before I saw him as skeletons tend to rattle around a little, so I definitely turn my head away.

Looking forward to the three points tonight.

Only on Saturday you were pointing out the darkness that awaits us.

Thats normally my job on here.

Best leaving the doom mongering to an expert OB!

If I ain’t worried then nobody should be.

A win against Rotherham puts us 9 points clear of 7th place or 8 points clear if Hull won their game in hand.

Given our better goal difference this would then mean EVERY club from 7th and below would need to win at least 3 of their last 5 matches in in some case win 3 and draw 1 out of 5 games whilst we lose all 4 of our then remaining matches.

This is beyond unlikely, you have more chance of seeing Lord Lucan riding naked up Cradley Heath High Street on Shergar!

Beat Rotherham and Sunderland and all of the rest are close to requiring snookers to get ahead of us.

I’m feeling unusually sanguine about our next 5 matches ahead of us losing the play off semi against whoever.
    I am worried that you aren’t worried Mick, have you been visited by some ghosts recently 😂

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    I am worried that you aren’t worried Mick, have you been visited by some ghosts recently 😂
    🤣🤣🤣🤣😏

I’m not worried until we go behind in a game and I then go into “WTF are you doing? mode.

If you think back to last season, we were very much in the same position as Coventry, Preston and Hull at this point of that season and hoping for 6th place.

Teams above kept messing up and getting draws and losses and kept us in with a chance but then above us they’d find a win and suddenly we’ve run out of road.

A win and a couple of draws is likely to be enough for us I think.

🤣🤣🤣🤣😏

I’m not worried until we go behind in a game and I then go into “WTF are you doing? mode.

If you think back to last season, we were very much in the same position as Coventry, Preston and Hull at this point of that season and hoping for 6th place.

Teams above kept messing up and getting draws and losses and kept us in with a chance but then above us they’d find a win and suddenly we’ve run out of road.

A win and a couple of draws is likely to be enough for us I think.
    I'd probably agree with this. Win our next two home games and I'd say we're home and hosed.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I'd probably agree with this. Win our next two home games and I'd say we're home and hosed.
    We’re bullet proof after tonight.

Improved our goal difference yet again, gained 2 further points on Hull and Boro who managed to cut each others throats.

We couldn’t have had a better 24 hours apart from Preston winning but nobody is catching us now.

We might already have enough points but regardless, a couple of draws or one win will ensure it.

The wannabes have run out of road.

If anyone is the slightest bit worried, check out the fixtures for Norwich, Coventry, Hull and Preston and lastly Boro.

Boro need to win all of their final 4 matches, 3 wins and a draw won’t be enough because we’d beat them on goal difference even if we lose our last 4 narrowly.

The other teams mentioned still have a couple of tough matches against top 4 sides AND most have a game against each other out of the scrapping desperados.

We can actually play some very relaxed and un inhibited football in the next 4 games and rest a few and protect a few.

The others below us can’t do that and those above us can’t either as they fight for the top 2 spots.

Southampton can’t slacken off yet, they have 2 games in hand on 2 of the sides above them and they play Leeds in their final match.

We will go into the play offs with the most relaxed and rested squad and hopefully with everyone apart from Dike fit.

Nobody will fancy us in that semi, we are likely to play a tired and mentally gutted team.

If anyone is the slightest bit worried, check out the fixtures for Norwich, Coventry, Hull and Preston and lastly Boro.

Boro need to win all of their final 4 matches, 3 wins and a draw won’t be enough because we’d beat them on goal difference even if we lose our last 4 narrowly.

The other teams mentioned still have a couple of tough matches against top 4 sides AND most have a game against each other out of the scrapping desperados.

We can actually play some very relaxed and un inhibited football in the next 4 games and rest a few and protect a few.

The others below us can’t do that and those above us can’t either as they fight for the top 2 spots.

Southampton can’t slacken off yet, they have 2 games in hand on 2 of the sides above them and they play Leeds in their final match.

We will go into the play offs with the most relaxed and rested squad and hopefully with everyone apart from Dike fit.

Nobody will fancy us in that semi, we are likely to play a tired and mentally gutted team.
    I go along with that. Scrapping into the play offs is probably mentally better then missing out on automatic promotion spot.
    Plus we are hitting a bit of form right now.
    My only major concern right now is having to play Man City on the opening day of the new season...
    We haven't won there for a while.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)