+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: West Bromwich Albion Post Match Thoughts

Was the penalty, karma for the one we cleared from behind the line about 20 years ago?

LR is quoted in the Tiser as …refusing to speak to the referee after he requested a meeting….

This is the right call. No point talking anymore because that’s all it is. That level of ineptitude can’t be accepted by anyone. Needs to find another career and so does the head of pogo l, prolog, pmgol or whatever it’s called. It’s getting worse under his tenure.

Can you imagine if it was Blackburn, Swansea , Leeds or wba who were on the wrong end of those decisions. All decisions affected the outcome of those games
    Last edited by flourbasher; 11-04-2024 at 07:12 AM.

Didn't watch the game so hard to comment, but some are saying Albion weren't trying too hard,but given the position they are in, that would seem strange.
    Anyway ,just one observation, we didn't fill the bench again, so why isn't someone like Josh Ayres not involved ?

The match had the intensity and atmosphere of a reserve game. West Brom just needed to do enough for the points and did so without breaking sweat and we're clearly just seeing out the end of the season. A complete non event. If it wasn't for the joke of a decision for the penalty I think most of us would have already forgotten that game had even happened. Don't worry, it'll all be over in just over three weeks.

Regarding the penalty, yes the rotherham players are appealing it was outside the box as the ref walks past Peltier to point to the spot, but what about the WBA players, why didnt any of them say look ref it was outside the area? or if they want fair play just roll the ball back to the keeper or miss the penalty...WBA knew it wasn't a penalty but still were happy to score.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Regarding the penalty, yes the rotherham players are appealing it was outside the box as the ref walks past Peltier to point to the spot, but what about the WBA players, why didnt any of them say look ref it was outside the area? or if they want fair play just roll the ball back to the keeper or miss the penalty...WBA knew it wasn't a penalty but still were happy to score.
    As an Albion fan I have to admit that it was one of the worst decisions that I have seen for many a year and would be absolutely furious if that decision had been given against us. It wasn’t handball and it was outside the area. I don’t understand why the referee didn’t consult the linesman. It was gross incompetence on the part of both of them. Having said this, you can’t blame the Albion players as we have had poor decisions given against us this season, admittedly not as bad as this one, but incorrect all the same. Basically, we have to live with the referees decisions and just get on with it. I think VAR would have overturned this one but wouldn’t have put money on it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    As an Albion fan I have to admit that it was one of the worst decisions that I have seen for many a year and would be absolutely furious if that decision had been given against us. It wasn’t handball and it was outside the area. I don’t understand why the referee didn’t consult the linesman. It was gross incompetence on the part of both of them. Having said this, you can’t blame the Albion players as we have had poor decisions given against us this season, admittedly not as bad as this one, but incorrect all the same. Basically, we have to live with the referees decisions and just get on with it. I think VAR would have overturned this one but wouldn’t have put money on it!!
    I have to agree, you can't expect opposition players to do anything other than go along with the referee's decision however incompetent it may have been.
    You're probably right about VAR too, if

........it had been available the penalty would have been confirmed and Peltier would have been sent off 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I have to agree, you can't expect opposition players to do anything other than go along with the referee's decision however incompetent it may have been.
    I agree, if it'd been the other way round we'd have all laughed and said 'it's about time one went our way'.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Agree with this. I was there last night and you could see some Albion players laughing. It’s not their job to referee the game.
    I thought the Albion fans last night and today have been gracious about it.
    How many referee apologies have we had ? This one will be added to the list.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast