+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to remove bad luck

How to remove bad luck

I think it was Barry Fry that urinated on all four corner flags at Saint Andrew's to successfully end a losing streak. Salt over left shoulders, realigning team shakras, rabbits feet, burning sage around the stadium - anybody have any ideas what the club or fans could do to change our bad luck?

Perhaps some kind of exorcism needs to be performed in the centre circle to remove the gypsy curse? Surely that'll be more cost-effective than signing better defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Perhaps some kind of exorcism needs to be performed in the centre circle to remove the gypsy curse? Surely that'll be more cost-effective than signing better defenders.
    Derby did that when at Baseball ground and after a ball mysteriously burst at kick off they went on to win 4-1 and avoid relegation. Might be worth a look?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Derby did that when at Baseball ground and after a ball mysteriously burst at kick off they went on to win 4-1 and avoid relegation. Might be worth a look?
    Could be, but I think all this is beyond our control. It's the universe evening things out. We had a thoroughly enjoyable season last year and actually won a penalty shootout at Wembley. Now we must suffer.

I think it was Barry Fry that urinated on all four corner flags at Saint Andrew's to successfully end a losing streak. Salt over left shoulders, realigning team shakras, rabbits feet, burning sage around the stadium - anybody have any ideas what the club or fans could do to change our bad luck?
    Stopping the doomsayers with negative thoughts and comments from attending matches should work!!!

Or when in doubt kick the ball into row Z

I briefly dated a Danish girl in the 80s and the Danes have lots of traditional good luck lore. Maybe Bros didn't jump off a chair just as the New Year bongs started or didn't kick a black cat out of a barrel just before Christmas. Or, as in the song, maybe there is a lonely magpie at Meadow Lane that needs a friend for us all to be joyful.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Stopping the doomsayers with negative thoughts and comments from attending matches should work!!!
    Maybe, but it would have the crowd. Alternatively, we could all be given rose-tinted glasses to watch the match!

I briefly dated a Danish girl in the 80s and the Danes have lots of traditional good luck lore. Maybe Bros didn't jump off a chair just as the New Year bongs started or didn't kick a black cat out of a barrel just before Christmas. Or, as in the song, maybe there is a lonely magpie at Meadow Lane that needs a friend for us all to be joyful.
    Gee's could t you find owt younger mate.

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    Gee's could t you find owt younger mate.
    She must have been an old krone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast