+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morecambe Points Deduction

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    The play off spot was not guaranteed. We were struging under LW. Im not saying SM is any better or equal to LW, I dont feel he is. But, resukts and performances had started to slide
    That they had, BJPIE. And it seems like the problems in defence he had then haunt us still.

The play off spot was not guaranteed. We were struging under LW. Im not saying SM is any better or equal to LW, I dont feel he is. But, resukts and performances had started to slide
    I didn’t put it was guaranteed. My point remains that despite the horror run (regardless of when it started) could or should we have picked up 9 more points than we did? That for me is the frustration of this season. Top 4 aside, the rest have been average.

Nothing was guaranteed but home results were holding up well, and would have been good enough alone to get us in the playoffs. I’m still not clear why they slumped so badly. (Mainly cos no one is ever asked).

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Nothing was guaranteed but home results were holding up well, and would have been good enough alone to get us in the playoffs. I’m still not clear why they slumped so badly. (Mainly cos no one is ever asked).
    Because we'd been found out. NL standard defence hasn't helped, not much a manager can do about that. And yes we were on the slide. Summer rebuild, Scott and Palmer fit and we will be up there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12