+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Viktor.

Viktor.

Think about it. Why not make vik a two year wages deal he cannot refuse? Tell clubs to piddle off.
    Why?
    Because in div 1 HE will be the difference to a two year plan (if we have one) which means, do not go up next year, do it right (if we can)
    Build a squad, build a team. At the same time, bring in and train the next ‘vik’. Then in two years, (or may be one) vik gets his big move then.
    When the next young vik is ready.

A million now for vik (lets face it, we won’t get more) won’t suddenly be used for 6 players needed, and it won’t buy much anyhow, not for the chairman’s short term go up as fast as possible….not this time, the mess we are in.

Having any old keeper of div 1 std is shortsightedness, as too many will be conceded.

Doing it will show true intent and may keep the likes of humps…..and more importantly, THE FANS.

I firmly believe the opposite will happen. Patch up roundwood, its already started.
    Keep as many as possible, and still have one too many old tired players - two of which are still under contract.
    Work within as small a budget as possible.
    An on loan keeper to replace vik. Won’t be rodak quality, we don’t have pollitt to spot one, or train one.
    Spend vik money three ways, a CB, a midfielder, a winger.
    The rest will be loans for gaps.

Out of this typical scenario, or my vision of something sensible and un-us like…..which do you think will happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    Think about it. Why not make vik a two year wages deal he cannot refuse? Tell clubs to piddle off.
    Why?
    Because in div 1 HE will be the difference to a two year plan (if we have one) which means, do not go up next year, do it right (if we can)
    Build a squad, build a team. At the same time, bring in and train the next ‘vik’. Then in two years, (or may be one) vik gets his big move then.
    When the next young vik is ready.

A million now for vik (lets face it, we won’t get more) won’t suddenly be used for 6 players needed, and it won’t buy much anyhow, not for the chairman’s short term go up as fast as possible….not this time, the mess we are in.

Having any old keeper of div 1 std is shortsightedness, as too many will be conceded.

Doing it will show true intent and may keep the likes of humps…..and more importantly, THE FANS.
    Just get Vickers back - he can’t get a game at Derby and is much better than anything we could get elsewhere

Agreed.

Get Vickers in over the summer and offer him number 1.

As good as Vickers is, he's very injury prone. On the podcast that Warne did, they revealed that Vickers had a recurring injury problem, I can't remember the exact nature of it. It might explain why he seems 'happy' to be a number 2, he possibly isn't physically capable of playing every week over a full season.

Plus, you're assuming he'd actually want to come back.

I agree with the opening post though, the club should offer Viktor a deal as good as they've ever offered anyone. I'm 99.9% certain he'll turn it down but if you don't ask you don't get. If he says no then so be it, we sell him like we all expect anyway, but it seems daft to not even try to keep your best player at the club. Maybe we already have for all we know.
    Last edited by Masbroughstreet; 11-04-2024 at 10:01 PM.

Just get our overseas scout to find another Viktor.
    Spend the money on what we really need.
    Attacking Midfielder..

Leicester know a thing or two about finding great keepers, maybe we should give them a call?

Let the poor bugger leave, we've punished him enough !
    For the first time in my life,I actually want our best player to leave ,he owes us nothing, and he more than deserves a chance at a bigger club.

I think Phillips will do a solid job between the stick for us in League One.
    Let's cash Viktor in, No offence to the lad.

Vickers is a risk.
    Others have mentioned he’s injury prone but also I don’t think he’s played much
    Is he still any good or will his form and mental sharpness have dipped
    Just because he was good 2 years ago doesn’t guarantee anything

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast