+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clucas

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Might be the only type of player we can afford next season!
    Not a good enough reason! See other topic on why that method has to go. Develop a younger team, over time, forget the higher div (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Might be the only type of player we can afford next season!
    And what makes you think he was cheap or “affordable”????

We already have high earners on our books coming down with us from the Championship.
    We need to be careful who we resign so we don't breach FFP rules.

The EFL love to kick us given any chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedthegoater View Post
    We already have high earners on our books coming down with us from the Championship.
    We need to be careful who we resign so we don't breach FFP rules.

The EFL love to kick us given any chance.
    It’s only two points…..that’s easily made up

Every team needs,and most have,players who are over 30 ,alongside ones who at their peak,say 24-29,and some young players, preferably from our youth team.
    I would say there's little gamble in signing players who are 30,31 or 32 as long as there's no injury or fitness issues, these players will often be a great asset when things get tough,plus they should help on other ways around the squad.
    However recently we have relied too much on older players, to our cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Every team needs,and most have,players who are over 30 ,alongside ones who at their peak,say 24-29,and some young players, preferably from our youth team.
    I would say there's little gamble in signing players who are 30,31 or 32 as long as there's no injury or fitness issues, these players will often be a great asset when things get tough,plus they should help on other ways around the squad.
    However recently we have relied too much on older players, to our cost.
    Spot on, we don't want to end up with as many over 30s as this season or it's likely to be another disaster, but having 2 or 3 in the squad is crucial.

Another risk though he'll keep fit. After this season if there's a doubt I wouldn't take it. Same with Blackett got to release him. Hall Peltier same.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Another risk though he'll keep fit. After this season if there's a doubt I wouldn't take it. Same with Blackett got to release him. Hall Peltier same.
    Agree it’s a risk and one we have taken too often and we don’t need another on too,we don’t need another here we go again moment…

On his play alone I have been undecided so to me on balance thats a no.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Agree it’s a risk and one we have taken too often and we don’t need another on too,we don’t need another here we go again moment…

On his play alone I have been undecided so to me on balance thats a no.
    To add he probably won’t want just a one year deal either and that’s the other issue…

I'd re-sign Blackett too on an appropriately reduced wage and a decent appearance bonus.

Clucas too.

Everyone else can go for me that's out of contract, with us exercising our option on Haks and Olly.

Hall should be been charged with Fraud.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast