+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clucas

Clucas

I think this lad deserves his own thread

He has shown wonderful passion over the last few months, his desire and determination last night at WBA was a rare thing to see in a Rotherham shirt this season. He is an intelligent footballer and can play in a number of roles within a midfield. Credit to Scott and Taylor for getting him. For me I would like to see the club try to extend his time with us, a player of that quality at the heart of our midfield in L1 could make a huge difference.

I agree.

I think his ability is suitable for us, he's clearly passionate about doing the right thing and I remember him being a major reason why Chesterfield were at one point looking to get into the Championship.

He can pass and he can cross. For me, he's a replacement for Ferguson who I think has run his course with us.

Richardson favours him abit. Personally I think he's playing from memory his timings out on the ball. Not sure about offering him a new contract.

It's a difficult one. He'll be 34 in September and it's 10 years on from his Chesterfield days. Probably the sort of player who could be invaluable to anchor a 'young' midfield but he's just one long term injury away from another MM meltdown and inquiry into 'why do we keep signing these sick-notes?".

Quality player , we don’t actually have many atm . Problem with any of our midfielders there is nothing in front of them so the stats look terrible. Definitely worth another season . Played 30 plus times . It’s a yes from me . 👍

Quote Originally Posted by MillersJ81 View Post
    Quality player , we don’t actually have many atm . Problem with any of our midfielders there is nothing in front of them so the stats look terrible. Definitely worth another season . Played 30 plus times . It’s a yes from me . ��
    Yes from me - he’s a good player and does give a damn. We have some decent players but we need a team - we haven’t really had that this season - or only in brief glimpses

Get him signed

He's tried which is quite unusual in the current side. He might shade a new deal but I'm not heartbroken if he doesn't. Lacks pace over 10 yards. And pace is what we've been lacking

Remember that performance from Wes Hoolahan when he got a standing ovation when he was subbed for Cambs
    Think he was about 38 and he controlled the game.
    So I’m not concerned about his age

I think he’ll get a better offer though particularly as he’s proved his fitness

He's one player I could see joining us in league 1.
    Chance of a low end championship club signing him is doubtful.
    imo offer him 2 years and limit his training. We should get 40-50 games from him over the 2 seasons.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast