+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: LR confidence vote

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Totally different to the Warne situation.

Unlike Warne who had players willing to play for him after the relegation, LR has divided the dressing room, with many players downing tools or refusing to play, and taking an early summer break.

He should have been sacked weeks ago. He has been a disaster.
    You’ve just reiterated my point. You say ‘Warne who had players willing to play for him AFTER the relegation’ This is exactly what Richardson is dealing with now. He has players who won’t or who haven’t showed willingness to play for him.

Let him go through what Warne did and choose his players who he can share the ethos of how he sees the club moving forward then judge him after say 10-12 games. Just sacking Managers all the time doesn’t help the situation.

Warne showed good PR skills, connected with people, talked sense. Told us what he would like to do. There was some evidence to see a way forward.

The situation now is not the same.

What gets me is anyone willing to give someone a chance based on what? A man who can’t handle a player revolt?

If that is the only reason, and true, then it must be the worse set of bad apples known in football. Would warnock have put up with it?

I am countering unsound replies, not necessarily saying what is. If he is the bees knees and will be ok, and it is ‘what it is’, then he would have been better advised to say nothing, certainly not repeat it over and over again.

Again, what about him could give us confidence while he has been here, that he has done?

So far the silence is deafening.

So far it’s give someone a chance, because they are not his players.
    Nothing offered in the way, other than wigan went up. (So did exeter).

Warne would not do anything negative in public. LR MT are totally the opposite. For me, not a great sign. Though it could be claimed they were defending themselves.

Even in adversity, there should be something positive in a manner and or execution which points the way….when this and this happens, it’ll be ok….i’m going to do this.

That’s what I don’t see, and little if anything to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    What gets me is anyone willing to give someone a chance based on what? A man who can’t handle a player revolt?
    Warne was consistently accused by many on here of being unable or too scared to handle difficult situations and unable to manage difficult players. He did alright.