+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: LR confidence vote

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Tinribs. How many of those players left to Warne. We're actually signed by jacket?
    One, Odemwingie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinribs View Post
    Just out of interest this was the starting eleven that Warne was left with by jacket after the Leeds game
    L camp
    S Kelly
    D ball
    R wood
    D fisher
    Adeyemi
    Halford
    Newell
    I Brown
    D ward
    Odemwingie
    And after a massive summer clear out he started with completely different starting eleven
    R O’Donnell
    Mattock
    Ihekwie
    Ajayi
    Josh Emmuel
    Forde
    Frecklington
    Vaulks
    J Taylor
    Proctor
    Ball
    So maybe let’s see how LR goes on this summer after a severe clear out utm
    Tinribs. How many of those players left to Warne. We're actually signed by jacket?
    And your skewing the PW list as a few of those players were at the club but injured/subs under jacket

My point was just to say a massive clear out of players is needed again to get us going in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Didn’t you call for Redfern head when he had only been here a short time Brin?
    Apologies if I’ve got that wrong.
    BOTN, simply cannot recall that at all pal. I would be intrigued to read up on it if CAM wants to dig deep enough. IF I did say that there must have been a valid reason for it, as like I say, I don't like to keep swapping Managers every 6 months, it's pointless or, the pointing goes at the board.

Clean sweep please. Players and management. You don't half-cure a cancer...

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    Addressing the comment re stewart may sack him if he revealed all……..

Well, with what he is doing, being a stuck record (aided and abetted by the media) and pointing fingers without full substantial, is in my view rather silly. He does not come over very well. Make the point, move on.
    Say something POSITIVE LR, say what your vision of the new (your) culture will be. It would make far more sense.
    In my book, it is bad man management.
    It will have had a later effect on some effort.

This is why I ask for anything really positive things that people have seen, heard on and off the pitch, resulting from him.

And no, he doesn’t fill me with confidence, all I can hope is that i’ve missed something…but I doubt it.
    It's ironic that you mention stuck record because after what I've just read, you've asked "what has he done to inspire confidence" at least 4 times in this thread.

Just because there have been no positives on the field of play, it doesn't invalidate the view that some people think he ought to be given a chance next season, with his "own" players. That's it. There's nothing more to it. You're not going to disprove anything with this daft question you keep wittering on about.

He can go for me,T/S will not spend enough money to replace all those that need replacing so we will be left with a lot we have already got & LR couldn’t get them to gel this season.So it a NO from me.I have seen nothing from LR that’s improved the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    At last, reasoned argument.
    I’d take issue with the CV. He inherited players and a lot of money (for a D1) was spent on them.
    But the rest applies.
    It is a problem.

I believe we are taking a big chance, since what is there to inspire?
    Inherited which players at Wigan? They finished 5th from bottom before the season they won the league so I'm not sure they had many decent players when LR became manager.

The only reason you take issue with his CV is because of what's happening at Rotherham United right now. And if that's your view then fair enough. But you can't just ignore the fact that he won the league. It still had to be won, regardless of budget. Ipswich, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Sheffield Wednesday, Bolton, Charlton were all in that league when Wigan won it. Did they have smaller or bigger budgets than Wigan? I don't know the answer but you don't simply go up because of budget. Look at how long some of those teams had (or have) been in L1.

Results and performances have been unacceptable of late but that's not all on LR, far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    Inherited which players at Wigan? They finished 5th from bottom before the season they won the league so I'm not sure they had many decent players when LR became manager.

The only reason you take issue with his CV is because of what's happening at Rotherham United right now. And if that's your view then fair enough. But you can't just ignore the fact that he won the league. It still had to be won, regardless of budget. Ipswich, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Sheffield Wednesday, Bolton, Charlton were all in that league when Wigan won it. Did they have smaller or bigger budgets than Wigan? I don't know the answer but you don't simply go up because of budget. Look at how long some of those teams had (or have) been in L1.

Results and performances have been unacceptable of late but that's not all on LR, far from it.
    This may change your mind.- Although Richardson remains well loved by so many fans for what he has done for the club the current situation is giving them much cause for concern. Many are asking why the manager was given a new three year contract with the standard of football played by his team being so poor. On Wednesday Latics were facing a Stoke team that had lost its previous three matches and was only just above the relegation zone. Playing with three centre backs and three holding midfielders was never likely to provide entertainment value for the home fans. When the team sheet was announced before the game the inference was that Richardson was playing not to lose, hoping for a goal from a set piece or bringing on his big target men in the latter stages with the scores tied.

Following a Stoke goal that was gifted to them by an inept Wigan rear guard the manager introduced both Charlie Wyke and Josh Magennis for the last 20 minutes. The football produced during that time ranked among the worst I have seen from Latics over decades of following them. It was totally depressing.

The praise that Richardson has received from Latics fans in the past has been very much merited. He is still held in high regard on a personal level, but there have always been flaws in his tactical approach. Having a squad that was superior to most in League 1 meant that the cracks were papered over. However, they are fully exposed in a Championship division against superior players and managers with more tactical nous.

Wigan overspent and broke the rules in the season that they finished top of L1
    So it wasn’t simply a case of spending their money better than the other clubs in that season, they actually cheated and bent the rules.
    Subsequent points deductions followed but they should have been stripped of their title and the record books should show that we legitimately finished in the highest position

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast