+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LR confidence vote

By the way, unlike stardson, I am not offering why he may have been a disaster and not proving why. Because you shouldn’t say it without proof, if things are not his fault.

But it is fair, I believe, to say there isn’t much at all that he has said and done to inspire confidence. It’s been a long time to be just to repeat yourself.

Now I am.

Lets look at it another way….faced with what may have or not gone off. What could he do or have done to provide “it’s tough, but look at this that he has said and manner of approach, he means business”?

Brin, you are totally heaping it on the players.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    My main worry over LR is. He brings in 12 new players closed season. TS decides after 10 games to pull the trigger. New manager comes in and blames the problem on. "it's not his players". He then needs a few windows to bring in his own players. The cycle continues.

If it was my money I was wasting I would pay LR up and look elsewhere and accept it didn't work. Can we get anyone better?
    On paper LR had a good CV. It's not worked out move on
    At last, reasoned argument.
    I’d take issue with the CV. He inherited players and a lot of money (for a D1) was spent on them.
    But the rest applies.
    It is a problem.

I believe we are taking a big chance, since what is there to inspire?

What Brin says makes sense, and until very recently I would definitely say no point in changing the manager, give him till Christmas.
    However the last few games are making me think maybe a change before next season might be a good thing as it does seem like there's something wrong within the squad.
    Now this could just be a few ar*ehole players, but don't most teams have a few ?
    I'm sure this something that Warne had to deal with in a similar situation, but as others have said at least that season they seemed to be all pulling in the same direction.
    So,on balance, I will probably still say give him a chance next season, but with the caveat that if we aren't in the top 10 at Christmas then get rid.

So far it’s give someone a chance, because they are not his players.
    Nothing offered in the way, other than wigan went up. (So did exeter).

Warne would not do anything negative in public. LR MT are totally the opposite. For me, not a great sign. Though it could be claimed they were defending themselves.

Even in adversity, there should be something positive in a manner and or execution which points the way….when this and this happens, it’ll be ok….i’m going to do this.

That’s what I don’t see, and little if anything to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    What gets me is anyone willing to give someone a chance based on what? A man who can’t handle a player revolt?
    Warne was consistently accused by many on here of being unable or too scared to handle difficult situations and unable to manage difficult players. He did alright.

My main worry over LR is. He brings in 12 new players closed season. TS decides after 10 games to pull the trigger. New manager comes in and blames the problem on. "it's not his players". He then needs a few windows to bring in his own players. The cycle continues.

If it was my money I was wasting I would pay LR up and look elsewhere and accept it didn't work. Can we get anyone better?
    What a ridiculously sensible post.

caytonmiller seeing your only one on here it appears to go with my magic eye it's saying no to Richardson Kelly, Clucas also. Want to keep Rathbone that won't happen with the present management team still here next season.

Resounding no from me. He’s not only useless ,he’s boring and annoying. Get shut now or I’ll be voting with my feet. Does anybody seriously think Stewart is going to finance a completely new squad next season when all the players that don’t want to play for Richardson have vanished ?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Does anybody seriously think Stewart is going to finance a completely new squad next season when all the players that don’t want to play for Richardson have vanished ?
    Yes, I do. If all the out of contract players leave as is expected we're barely going to have an eleven to put out, not to mention the ones who might get sold. So with all the money saved from that, what is TS going to do? Not replace anyone?

Start again for me. He came in, made a difficult situation worse, and lost the dressing room to the extent that multiple players have thrown a sickie. In addition, I've seen absolutely nothing in terms of tactics, team selections or substitutions to suggest any glimmer of light. How can you start a new season on the back of such pathetic capitulation, with any enthusiasm from the fans? The final straw the other night when he thanked the players for turning up...not in the metaphorical sense, in the literal sense! can you imagine Warnock, Evans or similar doing that?

Don't want him to spend the summer recruiting the likes of Wyke, only to be sitting in the bottom half of the table come December and have to start again then from a worse position.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast