+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: LR confidence vote

If you remember in 2021/2022 when it was between us and Wigan I seem to recall LR had a decent team and I don't remember the supposed awful football they was supposed to be playing . I don't care how the manager comes across in interviews there is obviously things happening inside the club that he is not allowed to speak about for whatever reason .You all keep saying about going all out attack I'm sorry but have you seen our forwards recently . In his team in 2022 he had some forwards that could score so I say let him start the season at least or we are in danger of turning into the new Watford . Give the guy some slack you never know he could be the right fit for us .

Quote Originally Posted by redhouse View Post
    If you remember in 2021/2022 when it was between us and Wigan I seem to recall LR had a decent team and I don't remember the supposed awful football they was supposed to be playing . I don't care how the manager comes across in interviews there is obviously things happening inside the club that he is not allowed to speak about for whatever reason .You all keep saying about going all out attack I'm sorry but have you seen our forwards recently . In his team in 2022 he had some forwards that could score so I say let him start the season at least or we are in danger of turning into the new Watford . Give the guy some slack you never know he could be the right fit for us .
    As pocket said yesterday and posted on twitter.
    He’s won a promotion with Wigan that’s why we should stick with him is the stance from LR supporters.
    Well Mick Mcarthy won a promotion does that mean he would be trusted?
    Honestly not one person can give 1 reason to keep him apart from he got promoted with Wigan.
    It’s just blind optimism and faith for someone who has taken us backwards sets us up negatively and portrays not one shred of accountability or awareness of what he needs to do.
    So apart from his promotion with Wigan why should he be trusted?
    He shouldn’t that’s clear to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    J, chill out man. it will soon be all over and the rebuilding can begin, give the bloke a chance at least.

I would like to see your input in to who you personally see as players could enhance our team going forward.

You're so quick in rebuke, how about some positives.
    It needs root and branch.

Get rid of the whole team. They are dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by redhouse View Post
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    As pocket said yesterday and posted on twitter.
    He’s won a promotion with Wigan that’s why we should stick with him is the stance from LR supporters.
    Well Mick Mcarthy won a promotion does that mean he would be trusted?
    Honestly not one person can give 1 reason to keep him apart from he got promoted with Wigan.
    It’s just blind optimism and faith for someone who has taken us backwards sets us up negatively and portrays not one shred of accountability or awareness of what he needs to do.
    So apart from his promotion with Wigan why should he be trusted?
    He shouldn’t that’s clear to see.
    What we should be doing is appointing a replacement NOW, so he can assess the squad ,who to keep ,who to offload.TS cannot allow this to draw out until the season is finshed.By knowing our fate we should be preparing grounds to recruit young league one players.NOT journeymen like Wyke and co.Come on Tony let's know your thoughts.

If TS wants to get the crowds back for next season then the right move would be bring in Mr Evans.
    I can't think of any other manager that will make the fans who have decided to not renew, renew season ticket for next season...

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    There's nothing new there.

Everyone knows that performances have been unacceptable and if he was sacked tonight then you could understand it. He has to be accountable but that doesn't absolve the players from their responsibilities.

LR inherited a squad which is nowhere near good enough for this league and he wasn't backed in January to improve that situation. We probably have 2 or 3 players of championship quality. The rest are L1 players. If you're a Rotherham United player today, either you're leaving in the summer or your confidence is shot to pieces, or both. The squad is in an absolutely dire state. Look at the bench today. Wyke and Appiah both came on because we have no other options. It's as bad as it gets.

So it's for those reasons and the fact that he's had success in L1 (albeit with a healthy budget) that some people, myself included, think he should be given a chance next season.
    There is something new in my argument, after every game the stats get updated and worse. Your argument is well made and I can see why you think he should stay, however do not keep belittling every person that disagrees with you they are entitled to their opinion also. LR asked for 5 players at the beginning of the January window, specifically saying he wanted a CB and what happened, we offloaded 5 players, we couldn't bring McCart back because yet again the contract geniuses at Rotherham had created a situation that favoured the other party and we brought in 3 last minute players losing having a fresher squad for most of january. Rinomhota was the only one out of the 3 that was worth bringing in, the lad from Sheff Utd can't get a game (so clearly not wanted by LR) and Wyke is a non-league level player. So why? Why did TS (a man that less than a month previously had stated more money was available for players) not back LR in the window? PW was backed in January in 2016/17 but LR wasn't. Now i don't know why not, it could be purely a financial decision, but it looks very bad to publicly say money is available, for the new manager to say what he wants and then do the opposite. It could be that they took LR in desperation and don't really have the faith in him like you clearly do, with a view that he might not be here next season if he is that bad, we don't know but it is fun speculate, the summer will tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    If TS wants to get the crowds back for next season then the right move would be bring in Mr Evans.
    I can't think of any other manager that will make the fans who have decided to not renew, renew season ticket for next season...
    I know a few people who wouldn’t renew if Evans was brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I know a few people who wouldn’t renew if Evans was brought back.
    I will take a few from the 2000 that won't be

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I will take a few from the 2000 that won't be
    I know a lot of fans love Evans, but I also think you’re massively underestimating how many can’t stand him. Instead of unifying the fanbase, I personally can’t think of a more divisive candidate.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast