+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LR confidence vote

LR confidence vote

Confidence in LR, and why? Vote.

Seriously, if I knew what he stood for, able to judge what he wants from a team, how they might play, can see he knows the type of players he wants and why……then i’d be able to make my mind up and vote.

Worryingly, he is showing after this length of time none of the above to be able to make my mind up…..which means it’s a no, surely? So I can’t.

When we see the retained list, maybe it will be clearer. The only thing we can say for sure is he is a stuck record.

He’s got my vote. Give the bloke a chance.

Rewind your memory to Warney’s take over period, nightmare end to a season, ring a bell?

Clear out close season and brought in his own team and what happened? Short memories some folk.

Not saying we’ll go straight back up, I don’t want us to. Regroup, strengthen, ready for a good tilt in two seasons time with a view to staying up.

Let it play out first then judge LR.

Totally different to the Warne situation.

Unlike Warne who had players willing to play for him after the relegation, LR has divided the dressing room, with many players downing tools or refusing to play, and taking an early summer break.

He should have been sacked weeks ago. He has been a disaster.

You've got to have players on your side ASAP Richardson Kelly have had enough time to & haven't. Honestly don't know what chairman's * about with they should have been gone before now.
    Last edited by gru; 12-04-2024 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    He’s got my vote. Give the bloke a chance.

Rewind your memory to Warney’s take over period, nightmare end to a season, ring a bell?

Clear out close season and brought in his own team and what happened? Short memories some folk.

Not saying we’ll go straight back up, I don’t want us to. Regroup, strengthen, ready for a good tilt in two seasons time with a view to staying up.

Let it play out first then judge LR.
    Agree with you Brin

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Totally different to the Warne situation.

Unlike Warne who had players willing to play for him after the relegation, LR has divided the dressing room, with many players downing tools or refusing to play, and taking an early summer break.

He should have been sacked weeks ago. He has been a disaster.
    You’ve just reiterated my point. You say ‘Warne who had players willing to play for him AFTER the relegation’ This is exactly what Richardson is dealing with now. He has players who won’t or who haven’t showed willingness to play for him.

Let him go through what Warne did and choose his players who he can share the ethos of how he sees the club moving forward then judge him after say 10-12 games. Just sacking Managers all the time doesn’t help the situation.

You miss the point Brin…… at this time, what has he done to give any confidence? Name something, because I can’t. And i’d like to be able to.

Waiting to see what he can do after a clear out, is not the same thing at all. As usual, many on here go off at a tangent.

If he has divided the dressing room?, why did it happen? If so, what was the reason. I suspect when we were only 8pt adrift, he wanted to change things?

The only thing I can find is that at first he naturally didn’t change anything, in fact he stuck with lump ball to hugebill, and team game after game, so he is wrongly claiming never to have a settled side….but it wasn’t for too long. Look back at those early game.

As I said, what has he done to inspire? You can’t heap all this on some players.

Warne showed good PR skills, connected with people, talked sense. Told us what he would like to do. There was some evidence to see a way forward.

The situation now is not the same.

What gets me is anyone willing to give someone a chance based on what? A man who can’t handle a player revolt?

If that is the only reason, and true, then it must be the worse set of bad apples known in football. Would warnock have put up with it?

I am countering unsound replies, not necessarily saying what is. If he is the bees knees and will be ok, and it is ‘what it is’, then he would have been better advised to say nothing, certainly not repeat it over and over again.

Again, what about him could give us confidence while he has been here, that he has done?

So far the silence is deafening.

My main worry over LR is. He brings in 12 new players closed season. TS decides after 10 games to pull the trigger. New manager comes in and blames the problem on. "it's not his players". He then needs a few windows to bring in his own players. The cycle continues.

If it was my money I was wasting I would pay LR up and look elsewhere and accept it didn't work. Can we get anyone better?
    On paper LR had a good CV. It's not worked out move on

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast