+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Reading

Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Reading

The pressure is on , we'd need the win , badly .

Is that your shortest ever opening matchday thoughts post Animal?

We need a good performance and 3 points to cheer us all up that's for sure.

Hopefully the Men of Grove Street have realised a position in the Play Offs is not a given.

A win against Reading is essential to just about confirm a Play Off spot. Anything less, combined with good results for the chasing pack, would make the final three games--Portsmouth A, Blackpool A and Northampton H--"interesting" and the bogs darn at Oakwell busy places.

Go Well Neill and Den's Men !

You certainly need the 3 points and get those and at least your place in the play offs is safe. I think that’s what you’re looking at now as the automatics are probably out of reach after last week. I’m hoping we don’t have to meet you again in the play offs like last year and we can prevent that by beating Pompey tomorrow which we should but only if we turn up which we have an unfortunate habit of not doing. Anyway, good luck to us both tomorrow and that one way or another we’re both playing each other in the Championship next season. ��

Name:  IMG_8918.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  15.2 KB

Luca Connell not in squad replaced by Herbie.
    O’Keeffe and Cole in for Cosgrove and McCart.

Assuming Luca is ill or injured.

Not got the best record against Reading at home in the past but we need to put in a good performance today.

I know we needed a win but well done to lads today for showing some spunk
    I feared the worst when they went 2-1 up but
    Battled back well n unlucky not to win it with jalo hitting post
    I know it’s not ideal but look at Peterborough’s result today
    It’s arse nipping time
    We’ll done to Collins also
    Some brave, positive subs today

When you only take full points from 9 out of the 22 home games so far, you cannot expect anything other than an outside chance of rhe playoffs. Two teams today that approached well, with shocking finishing. With good finishing, it could ha e been 5 each

How the hell did Mcatee not see he didn’t need to stray offside in the situation we got in…..

We are an absolute shambles defensively. As a whole unit we can’t even do the basics. We need to make sure that Pines is fit for next season and also bring in another big unit who can play when/if Pines isn’t fit.

No idea what Cole was doing with that fancy flick, just put it in.

Jalo looked a bit off the pace for me until his goal and then looked a different player. Would’ve been great if his other effort on goal went in for the winner.

O’Keeffe played well I thought when he was on the right. Then, for some daft reason, Collins had to bring Cotter on which meant swapping O’Keeffe over to the left where he was pretty ineffectual. Then had to take him off. Don’t really get why those decisions were made if I’m honest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast