+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leeds United - v - Blackburn Rovers ***Matchday Thread***

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    WTF Wrote -

"We have adopted, over the last couple of months at least, tactics which appear to be aimed at boring the opposition to death (along with the rest of us watching), as opposed to the direct, threatening, aggressive, EXCITING football that gave us results like those against Ipswich, Leicester and lets not for get the skin-of-the-teeth win that Chelsea got after us having given them the fright of their lives!"

I think youre memory is playing tricks. As I recall BOTH games against Leicester resulted in fortunate wins for us especially the home game when we where garbage for 80 minutes and should probably have been four down by then - in both games Leicester could and probably should have won had they taken a couple of the hatful of chances they created, Both Leicester and Ipswich played us as equals - on the front foot trying to win the game - at least 6 of the 8 goals we scored against Ipswich came from quick counters from our own penalty area as Ipswich where pressing and attacking us - something Sunderland, Blackburn, Stoke, Birmingham, Sheffield Wednesday, Preston, Huddersfield, and the rest of the shyte that have managed to take points off us haven't even attempted - other than bullying us physically, time wasting, fouling, delaying with thr odd foray forward.
    I dont think we are doing anything different recently, just not had the breaks or the skills to break stubborn negative teams down - and this has been a problem we havent resolved for about 5 seasons now.

I dont think our players are not trying now, in fact I think that they are trying too hard and snatching at things due to the lack of confidence and form and the season end pressure felt by ALL the top teams.

To suggest that they dont want promotion or don't care is absolute nonesense, this isn't the couldn't care less shower of last season.
    Last edited by Tichi1; 14-04-2024 at 01:24 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)