+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Phookin

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    Alf, my missus will play as goalkeeper for you lot next match
    If she's good at holding and trapping balls then yes Andy.😁

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    If she's good at holding and trapping balls then yes Andy.😁
    From what I can remember, she was, about 30yrs ago....

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Personally not to bothered if we dont go up as I said at the mid point in the season - overall been very entertaining and weve won a lot more than weve lost.
    And if we dont go up and lose Somerville, Tonto Rodon and a few others.... so what? we lost a load last season and found Ampadu at £7million, Kamara and Gruev for about 13million between them, got Rodon and Anthony on a seasons loans, so who is to say we can't pick up another few gems next season, plus give Joseph and Joffy Cresswell more game time?? Better than getting mullered week in week out in the Prem if you ask me.

too much doom and bloody gloom on here IMO
    Good sensible post Tichi.

The doom n gloom is hardly a surprise though mate is it considering the efforts put in to get us in this position , the 17pts we clawed back on Leicester , the double wins on the top 2 etc etc.

Hardly a surprise some are pissed off and angry at how things are panning out.

I hear ya Tichi - more frustration being vented on my part.

Agreed that the world won’t stop turning round if we don’t go up.

Think the challenge is we need to go up for the 49ers to be willing to massively invest in the ground etc.

If we have to sell Summerville, Gnonto and Rutter then Farke might have to mend a few bridges with other young players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Good sensible post Tichi.

The doom n gloom is hardly a surprise though mate is it considering the efforts put in to get us in this position , the 17pts we clawed back on Leicester , the double wins on the top 2 etc etc.

Hardly a surprise some are pissed off and angry at how things are panning out.
    Seems there is a common theme emerging wrt the world continuing to turn if we aren't promoted, I'm in agreement with others on that.

As to the reference to "doom and gloom", I suspect that if we were performing well, but results went against us as a result of sheer bad luck/dumb officials etc, the feelings of frustration wouldn't be so apparent. Thing is, we're not performing well, making mediocre teams with significantly inferior squads look good and losing at home in front of dedicated supporters who deserve better.

What concerns me (and a few others I imagine) is what happens to the squad, and what appetite the 49ers would have for spending considerably more to get back to where we were when the current season started, as I suspect the loss of the players mentioned will be significantly greater than when the yanks and their acolytes departed.

Hey ho, it is what it is and what will be will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Personally not to bothered if we dont go up as I said at the mid point in the season - overall been very entertaining and weve won a lot more than weve lost.
    And if we dont go up and lose Somerville, Tonto Rodon and a few others.... so what? we lost a load last season and found Ampadu at £7million, Kamara and Gruev for about 13million between them, got Rodon and Anthony on a seasons loans, so who is to say we can't pick up another few gems next season, plus give Joseph and Joffy Cresswell more game time?? Better than getting mullered week in week out in the Prem if you ask me.

too much doom and bloody gloom on here IMO
    I seem to recall a similar thought process in 2005

FWIW, I don't think this team would get mullered in the prem.

Don't disagree with your thought. However, I think the thing that would be different this off season would be the fact were obviously gearing up to move right back up. we were able to get higher caliber players such as Ampadu, Kamara, Gruev and solid loans because they were betting we'd get promoted.

Once we get settled into the championship it's much harder to get a player to buy into that concept. They won't want to get marooned in the championship for their peak playing years.

I hope I'm wrong since I think we'll end up in the playoffs. Never a good thing for Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    FWIW, I don't think this team would get mullered in the prem.

Don't disagree with your thought. However, I think the thing that would be different this off season would be the fact were obviously gearing up to move right back up. we were able to get higher caliber players such as Ampadu, Kamara, Gruev and solid loans because they were betting we'd get promoted.

Once we get settled into the championship it's much harder to get a player to buy into that concept. They won't want to get marooned in the championship for their peak playing years.

I hope I'm wrong since I think we'll end up in the playoffs. Never a good thing for Leeds.
    Good point, well made.

Not that I'm that bothered, but it seems that nobody wants to get automatically promoted, Portsmouth current losing at home to Barnsley, when all they need is a point! Weird times.

However, should we fall at the final hurdle, we can look forward to playing the likes of Portsmouth (who came through and are now promoted), Derby (!!!), and one of Barnsley, Oxford, Bolton, or Peterborough, deep joy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)