+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Phookin

Evening Alf,

Another self-inflicted wound, f09king stupud "playing out from the back" play between gk and defender (hopeless pass!) without which you win at Old Trafford. When will teams wake up and smell coffee?

And Villa **** it up just as badly!

I know what you are going to reply with, Alf...but I reckon you can get out of this. 😮Only 2 behind Forest...and they will lose against City tomorrow. Still 3 games to go! And you play Forest in the last fixture. 🤔 On top of that, do you realise you have only lost once in the last 6 games? Probably your best form of the season! And unlike us, your lads seem to be in for the fight! Not a lost cause just yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    I know what you are going to reply with, Alf...but I reckon you can get out of this. 😮Only 2 behind Forest...and they will lose against City tomorrow. Still 3 games to go! And you play Forest in the last fixture. 🤔 On top of that, do you realise you have only lost once in the last 6 games? Probably your best form of the season! And unlike us, your lads seem to be in for the fight! Not a lost cause just yet...
    Not my point Oz and not wanting to "trap" Alf either. Just another example if a team trying to be Schitty, or PSG withiut having the class of player to make that possible. Villa equally guilty of delusions of grandeur. We're just as guilty mind!

Whatever the whys and wherefores the game between Ipswich and Hull was a cracking game. There may have been the odd mistake (there always are and it’ would be boring if teams played totally risk free) but the entertainment was first class.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Whatever the whys and wherefores the game between Ipswich and Hull was a cracking game. There may have been the odd mistake (there always are and it’ would be boring if teams played totally risk free) but the entertainment was first class.
    Playing with freedom and not fear, both teams. Great game.

What is it that makes Leeds United teams freeze in the really important matches? I dunno but it’s a long term thing that needs to stop. People will blame Farke no doubt and the number of doubters has increased 10 fold over the past few days. This team at Championship level should not be bottling it. Even Ampadu looked poor and Roden so where do we go from here?

Kamara has to start for me and then take him off when he’s knackered at half time. Put Archie back at RB. Piroe’s had his chance so put him on the bench. Gruev suffers when the midfield is light so Kamara and Anthony for me. Joseph starts. Joffy on the bench to shake things up if needs be. Gnonto needs to stop whinging when he gets tackled, he’s wasting our time not the opponents but continues to fuss over nothing.

I’m not talking Southampton game but the Play Offs.

What do others think?

I mentioned after the last defeat...and I know it will be knocked by others on here...but we were conceding next to nothing with Gruev/Kamara combination in midfield, and Gray at fullback. And yes I know he is capable of improving continually in the midfield role going forward. But there is an old saying that goes...desperate times call for desperate measures...and any remedy to fix the current problem of being overrun should include consideration of reverting to what has been succesful previously. You CAN'T win games unless you tighten the ship first and foremost, and stop giving away easy goals like we have! If that doesn't work either, then really, what have we lost after watching that last display?
    This won't happen I know...but I'd be throwing it up as an option at the next team meeting if I was involved. Probably on my own though! 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post

What is it that makes Leeds United teams freeze in the really important matches? I dunno but it’s a long term thing that needs to stop. People will blame Farke no doubt and the number of doubters has increased 10 fold over the past few days. This team at Championship level should not be bottling it. Even Ampadu looked poor and Roden so where do we go from here?

Kamara has to start for me and then take him off when he’s knackered at half time. Put Archie back at RB. Piroe’s had his chance so put him on the bench. Gruev suffers when the midfield is light so Kamara and Anthony for me. Joseph starts. Joffy on the bench to shake things up if needs be. Gnonto needs to stop whinging when he gets tackled, he’s wasting our time not the opponents but continues to fuss over nothing.

What do others think?
    Interesting ask Pacaman.🤔

My answer to folks who say "bottlers" is that anxiety is the real problem & experience helps that situation to be overcome - so i'd always have experience in the crucial line up's starting eleven for the matches you mention.

With the exception of Joseph who has what is required mentally & should start, imo.
    Gnonto's mentality worries me in big games & he is a similar type to Max Gradel for me & we all remember his play off day.

We need to be able to perform free of "others validation" & "opinions" in order to play to our full potential in expressing ourselves - not all our current players have that experienced mental ability yet !

The pressure to meet high expectations & the fear of disappointing others only contributes to the intensity of anxiety (bottling/stage fright) etc, imo, for such games you mention.

The aim for our players is not just to feel good about ourselves after the performance but to feel good "during the performance" as well, cos it'll produces a more spontaneous positive performance - thus successfully self generating confidence to perform well over the 90 mins.

The pressure to meet high expectations & the fear of disappointing others will only contribute to the intensity of stage fright for sure.

To overcome my illness i started singing as a way to stop stress/anxiety which can trigger my illness.
    No matter how much i practiced in rehearsals going into a venue was different as to perform in front of people created differing emotions but i had the basic tools to cope - namely experience by my side & reactions from them lets my confidence flow, which makes the anxiety fade away & after time i just gave it what i'd have in my locker so bottling or stage-fright just disappeared - hence why i highlighted EXPERIENCE.

Regarding Joffy ?
    For me he tries too hard & that can be his downfall as its counter productive to his natural busy-mindset on the pitch & several coaches now have found it hard to fit his individual strengths into a team pattern cos of it, imo, over 90 mins but as the last throw of the dice he's certainly a useful weapon to unleash in such a game.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post

What do others think?
    X2

Could be right and Kamara is also a bit older too which probably helps.

You want big characters and leaders on the pitch. Not sure Farke likes that type of player too much as they are probably ‘too challenging’ on the training ground.

Good comparison of Gnonto to Max G.

Would want someone like Cresswell on the pitch too who would bleed for the shirt.

Think we miss Steuijk’s physical presence and leadership a lot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)