+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swansea City Post Match Thoughts

Oh, and to answer the question Cam…..0-1 and the ball from a thumped Vik clearance will bounce of a ref’s head into the net. And the muppet will allow it.

That good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    awful and for those that think LR needs to be given time that was how we will set up next season, try not to be beat and hope to score from a set piece, absolute garbage, but so were Swansea they have got really bad.
    Maybe it is dawning on people that this is how LR sets up a game, regardless? Will it dawn on the chairman?

You could say to compete with ‘better’ teams we have to do it…..but at home too????

Depleted squad, injuries, you could cite a few reasons. But, how plausible up to a point are they? Yes, it does seem like it is a rehearsal for next season. And if it is, it won’t matter who we bring in to pad the squad, if we lose VIk, for how many goals will it cost us with these tactics?

Practice makes perfect….in this case imperfect.

I’d say, it isn’t what we can’t do right that is the problem, it is NOT trying to do the things we should be doing Leam. And that buck stops with him.
    Last edited by Millmoordays; 13-04-2024 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Typical. We score the only goal of the game and still lose. Does that beat losing a game to a penalty that wasn't even a penalty and wasn't even in the penalty area? Your task today is to come up with the ridiculous circumstances by which we'll lose the next one. The one consolation is that we'll now really have to try hard to concede 100 goals this season and as we know trying hard isn't in our MO.

Thoughts?
    On a positive note CAM we were the only team with a player who knew how to find the back of the net 🥳

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    No, not the building. Available about 6 times, lost track that many. He is the listening equivalent to watching paint dry.

Tired bodies? They didn’t look tired. Aimless, maybe. If the sky clips, which are poor, are replicated through the game, how bad must swansea have been not to score. Vik again I suppose.
    Looked as though they gave the ball away for free.

Treading water our manager, he sounds as though it can’t end soon enough. He is not the only one.

Ask yourselves a question, if so many players are ‘not making themselves available’, of many who mostly did through the season - why is this so?
    Lindsay? Who would run himself into the ground, as an example. Something smells in dingle dell, and it isn’t pixies washing their socks.
    you can hear he is frustrated and wants to say more than he is, he keeps talking about players making themselves available because that is what is the heart of the problem. So why have we got to a state where players have decided that being a professional footballer is now volunteer work, is it LR that has the players revolting against the club or something else? Also LR is head coach he is not the manager, the DoF and the COO are the ones that should be dealing with employees that are refusing to work and skiving off with so called injuries, if the medical team aren't capable of doing their job to ensure that DoF & COO are properly represented why haven't we brought in an independent person to assess these footballing volunteers? It is clear the club is in crisis and those that think such a crisis is easily fixed by bringing in a few more players are kidding themselves. We appointed a new member of the leadership team in December, what has he done, where is he? Has he forgotten how to talk to the media? We have serious operational issues, contract problems what is the COO doing about these things? I do not think LR is the right name to coach us in L1 but his limited capabilities are a tiny part of a set of much bigger problems and those problems sit on the desks of the DoF, COO and the Chairman.

So why have we got to a state where players have decided that being a professional footballer is now volunteer work, is it LR that has the players revolting against the club or something else?
    We’re down with nothing to play for and most of those players are going to be released. They’re looking after themselves by not risking injury and making employment elsewhere difficult. Is it morally right? Probably not, but I don’t think it’s any more sinister than that.

I don’t think I’d put 100% into my job if I knew I was getting the boot in a few weeks regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    We’re down with nothing to play for and most of those players are going to be released. They’re looking after themselves by not risking injury and making employment elsewhere difficult. Is it morally right? Probably not, but I don’t think it’s any more sinister than that.

I don’t think I’d put 100% into my job if I knew I was getting the boot in a few weeks regardless.
    I do respect your opinion but I think you are being a little soft on them. Firstly they are employed until the end of June hardly a few weeks this is 2 to 3 months, secondly they are getting the boot their contracts expire, thirdly it isn't about them not giving 100% it is about them not giving 1%. He said he only has 14 or 15 players that are willing to play (make themselves available) that means 10 players are not doing the job they are paid for. Still the fact that the DoF and the COO are not managing their employees properly, I am amazed that people think not attending work and meeting your contractual obligations is ok and leadership that doesn't deal with it is also ok, perhaps that is why the UK is in the mess it is.

I do respect your opinion but I think you are being a little soft on them. Firstly they are employed until the end of June hardly a few weeks this is 2 to 3 months, secondly they are getting the boot their contracts expire, thirdly it isn't about them not giving 100% it is about them not giving 1%. He said he only has 14 or 15 players that are willing to play (make themselves available) that means 10 players are not doing the job they are paid for. Still the fact that the DoF and the COO are not managing their employees properly, I am amazed that people think not attending work and meeting your contractual obligations is ok and leadership that doesn't deal with it is also ok, perhaps that is why the UK is in the mess it is.
    I don’t think it’s ok, I’m just not surprised by it. I don’t think it happens often on a scale it seems to be happening at RUFC simply because it’s rare a team has had nothing to really play for as long as we have. It’d be happening at any club in our position. Carlisle have had a similar season to us and they have currently got 7 players out ‘injured’.

Warney had em.giving a bit of effort when he took over from stubbs. I dont remember many players jacking it in then.

Cafu wearing gloves in the spring there's nesh & nesh! Eaves who said he was a forward! remind me again who signed him?

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Cafu wearing gloves in the spring there's nesh & nesh! Eaves who said he was a forward! remind me again who signed him?
    I'll remind you.

It's the guy at Derby, about to celebrate his 4th promotion.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast