+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Play Off Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    There’s really nothing to worry about. Anything can happen in the play offs. If we go up we all know we’ll come back down. If we stay in the championship we will build slowly with a good owner. Having a good owner and getting rid of Lai was the best result we’ve had this season. So all is good from a baggies point of view. Sit back enjoy the play offs, be ok about whatever happens.

I thought Lai went weeks ago and when he was there the football was actually better than the dross served up lately. We were all delighted when Lai went but nobody can blame anyone but the present lot if they blow a play off place now. Losing in the play offs won’t be a disgrace if we at least put in a good performance because any of the top four teams are consistently better than us.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I thought Lai went weeks ago and when he was there the football was actually better than the dross served up lately. We were all delighted when Lai went but nobody can blame anyone but the present lot if they blow a play off place now. Losing in the play offs won’t be a disgrace if we at least put in a good performance because any of the top four teams are consistently better than us.
    I don’t see any dross. It’s a hard working team playing other hardworking teams and having great games, average games and the odd poor game. We do better than most in this league. Recent performances have been below par for the decent squad we have.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I don’t see any dross. It’s a hard working team playing other hardworking teams and having great games, average games and the odd poor game. We do better than most in this league. Recent performances have been below par for the decent squad we have.
    I see it like that boingy. It has been a great season and above anything I had anticipated at the start. Unless I am involved in something myself, directly,I never expect too much from others.
    This group has had a very good season, regardless of outcome.
    With a new owner now in place, I am more confident about the survival of the club then the last owner.
    Looking forward to the next three games with a degree of relish and excitement. When you have nothing to lose, life looks better and more enjoyable...👍

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Agreed.

Yokușlu must start also.

No Townsend please.
    Yes to all the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
    Thought Maja was out for the season after Ballard crocked him (without any colour card) at Sunderland …
    Came on as a sub the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Came on as a sub the other day.

At Leicester we will probably only get a few chances so would take a punt on Maja or even Phillips down the middle. Wallace is not suited to that position but I fear that’s where he will be next Saturday.

Only 2 remain, Coventry with a slim chance and Hull the bigger threat but with a very hard run in.

Preston out of it after tonight at Southampton.

Let’s hope Southampton go up, I think I’d rather play anyone than them at present.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Only 2 remain, Coventry with a slim chance and Hull the bigger threat but with a very hard run in.

Preston out of it after tonight at Southampton.

Let’s hope Southampton go up, I think I’d rather play anyone than them at present.
    Saints and Norwich certainly the form teams going into the play offs, I wouldn't mind if they play each other in the Semi.

As you say, I can only see Hull catching us and they'll have to at least win 3 and draw 1, or even win all of their remaining tough fixtures. That's a tall ask.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Saints and Norwich certainly the form teams going into the play offs, I wouldn't mind if they play each other in the Semi.

As you say, I can only see Hull catching us and they'll have to at least win 3 and draw 1, or even win all of their remaining tough fixtures. That's a tall ask.
    That’s my feeling 123.

Hull are at Watford next match and then they travel to Coventry. They can’t both win that match, one or both of them are going to suffer, a draw might suit us best.

After that Hull play Ipswich at home.

I don’t expect us to get anything at Leicester on Saturday but if we can’t get a win out of the Sheff Wed and Preston matches we don’t deserve to be in the play offs.

Great results for us today especially with Hull now having to play Coventry in their next match.

Home and hosed just about now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)