+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big If...

Big If...

... But if Stuart kept going like this then he and the owners would deserve massive extra kudos in my opinion - the belief to hold out under such pressure and to come good - would be exceptional and show a lot of character and strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietastic View Post
    ... But if Stuart kept going like this then he and the owners would deserve massive extra kudos in my opinion - the belief to hold out under such pressure and to come good - would be exceptional and show a lot of character and strength.
    Agreed. Credit where due!

Very early days!

This season was derailed by the Luke Williams departure, but there are at least signs that SM and the players are now turning it around.

Next season is going to be a huge opportunity to get promotion - we’ll be one of the three biggest teams in the division and have a year’s experience to know what’s needed to improve the squad. Bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    This season was derailed by the Luke Williams departure, but there are at least signs that SM and the players are now turning it around.

Next season is going to be a huge opportunity to get promotion - we’ll be one of the three biggest teams in the division and have a year’s experience to know what’s needed to improve the squad. Bring it on.
    That’s my view, I couldn’t hand on heart say we would have definitely got in the playoffs under LW and if we did that we would have got through.
    I think it was a big blow at the time for the players. This was a guy I think said something along the lines he’d be happy to be at Notts forever and then someone came in and he went, can’t blame him, but some of the players would have felt a certain amount of rejection and disillusionment at the time I reckon.

This mini revival is most welcome and if we can finish the season in good form then it sends us into summer in a more positive manner.

The way I see it we are a year behind Stockport. Whilst they finished higher last season than what we will they have learned, improved and have got promoted this season. It will be interesting on Tuesday to see how far behind them we appear to be.

It will be good to get rid of Stockport, Wrexham and Mansfield. Plus I’d prefer MK Dons to go up as well.

This then leads it wide open for teams like us to go for it next season.

I imagine the turnaround must have begun when and if SM told his players to believe in him and not in wild character assassinations of him and his lack of EFL experience. If that is true then good on them for trying it Stuart's way and abandoning Luke's. I'm not trying to destroy LW's reputation or his record, which was fab in Non-League, but we have admit it was gradually falling apart in L2.

Exactly, as much as I hate seeing Wrexham and Mansfield get promoted it makes L2 look a little easier next season with them and Stockport out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Exactly, as much as I hate seeing Wrexham and Mansfield get promoted it makes L2 look a little easier next season with them and Stockport out of it.
    Does it? Stockport/Wrexham replaced by Gillingham if they get their act together. Only side who would be whipping bots probably going to be whoever comes up with Chesterfield. It might not be the case of someone running away with it, but it will be rather tight. Plus the teams coming down seem to be yo-yo teams

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I imagine the turnaround must have begun when and if SM told his players to believe in him and not in wild character assassinations of him and his lack of EFL experience. If that is true then good on them for trying it Stuart's way and abandoning Luke's. I'm not trying to destroy LW's reputation or his record, which was fab in Non-League, but we have admit it was gradually falling apart in L2.
    We have no idea what he told them. I doubt it had anything to do with what was written on here.

I would give him some credit but it's too early yet to make a judgment, the other teams are on the beach already, if League 2 players can afford a beach.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast