+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Match Ratings vs. Walsall

Match Ratings vs. Walsall

Only watched today on iFollow.

LAH - 6 - Didn’t have too many saves to make. Distribution sometimes suspect, looked uncomfortable when Walsall had their 20 minutes after HT.

Macari - 7.5 - Remember him making one misplaced pass. Solid and reliable again.

Baldwin - 7 - Looked solid. Don’t remember any heart-in-mouth moments. Progressed it well when he had the chance.

Cameron - 6.5 - Generally solid but made two mistakes, one cost us a goal and one should have BUT he made an excellent recovery.

Bostock - 7.5 - Thought he was excellent. Ticked us over and passed forward to good effect. Looks fit and easily one of our best players.

Nemane - 7.5 - Again very good. Superb goal. I think he is doing excellently when he comes inside and plays a sort of ‘inverted wing back’. Didn’t think he had that in him.

Crowley - 7.5 - Excellent again. So good on the ball. Love the way he moves with it. Oozes class.

Austin - 6.5 - Industrious as ever. Thought he was wasteful in possession first half. Always deserves a goal.

Jones - 7 - Always a threat. Clearly a cut above.

Langstaff - 7 - Worked hard as always. Even though it wasn’t far out, took his goal expertly. Can’t help but think we should savour the last three games of the season with him.

Jatta - 7 - Did superbly for the opening goal. Looks sharp now he’s had a run of games. Fashioned himself an opening really well late on in the first half. Does his doggies. Will turn out to be a bit of a gem.

Maynard - 7 - First half was an absolutely text book away from home 45 minutes. Looked far too open through the middle in the second half; surprised it took him so long to bring JOB on; seems to be a favourite sub for him. 100% deserved win.

Difficult to know if this is classic ‘pressure off’ football but they all seem like they’re motivated and have a bit of confidence back. Never brought into the ‘footballers don’t care’ fallacy. But they’ve got a little bit of something back. Onto Tuesday…
    Last edited by SwalePie; 13-04-2024 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Fixed typo in title

Quote Originally Posted by LeftPeg_Pie View Post
    Jatta - 7 - Did superbly for the opening goal. Looks sharp now he’s had a run of games. Fashioned himself an opening really well late on in the first half. Does his doggies. Will turn out to be a bit of a gem.
    Could you help out an old man and explain 'does his doggies' for me?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 13-04-2024 at 05:57 PM.

Haha. Doing your doggies; chasing full backs, harrying and going for ‘lost causes’. Generally working hard. Macca definitely does his doggies too.

Haha. Doing your doggies; chasing full backs, harrying and going for ‘lost causes’. Generally working hard. Macca definitely does his doggies too.
    Ah thanks. I Googled it before asking but even Mr. Google doesn't know this expression yet.

Bostock - 7.5 - Thought he was excellent. Ticked us over and passed forward to good effect. Looks fit and easily one of our best players.
    I was in with the Walsall fans, upper level behind the goal (unbelievable bar they have there).
    Just to pass on, around where I was sitting, it was Bostock getting all the praise, 'No.16 running the game' type comments. There's a chance some of our fans started to take him for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I was in with the Walsall fans, upper level behind the goal (unbelievable bar they have there).
    Just to pass on, around where I was sitting, it was Bostock getting all the praise, 'No.16 running the game' type comments. There's a chance some of our fans started to take him for granted.
    My exact words at half time. Looks completely effortless at times. Genuine class.

What was their general view on the game? I thought they looked a decent side.

My exact words at half time. Looks completely effortless at times. Genuine class.

What was their general view on the game? I thought they looked a decent side.
    Around me, they seemed generally negative - sounded like us! Mainly they were focussed on the ref. I thought he did OK, but put it this way, he wasn't a homer

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Good to hear he is a good player had a poor month but in his whole spell here he has performed to a good standard.

There was a 10 minute spell in the first half, down in Jones’ left back corner where every decision went to us.

The iFollow commentators were sent an image from someone ‘showing’ their disallowed goal was onside. I’d be amazed if that was true.

I had BBC WM on on the way back and they were talking about how they had watched it and it wasn't offside. Tough titty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast