+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We always have to make it ‘nervy’

We always have to make it ‘nervy’

It just wouldn’t be the Baggies without some eleventh hour issues. It seems to be in our blood that we must wait until the final match to make our achievements - be it relegation dog fights, play off contenders or play off themselves. No smooth ride for us.

Inexplicable stupidity from Asante. He will be more than gutted as he knows he needs to continue his energetic commitment to make up for some lack of natural ability. I hope Carlos and the management team are able to provide the necessary support to enable a restoration of his confidence.

I listened to CC in his post match interview and he made reference to the necessary playing skills required having received a yellow card.

Anyway…blood pressure monitor out in anticipation…

It’s not at all nervy though Paul.

Anyone who can do basic maths can see that this isn’t even close to being nervy.

It’s annoying, I’ll accept that.

I’m sure other fans of other clubs feel the same. Even run away with it Leicester aren’t sure of promotion at the minute. Really fancied Coventry are probably out of it now after losing 3-0 to “struggling” Birmingham. It’s football I’m afraid. It’s a glorious pain in the neck. Just my thoughts Prando, but I’m sure it’s not just us.

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    It just wouldn’t be the Baggies without some eleventh hour issues. It seems to be in our blood that we must wait until the final match to make our achievements - be it relegation dog fights, play off contenders or play off themselves. No smooth ride for us.

Inexplicable stupidity from Asante. He will be more than gutted as he knows he needs to continue his energetic commitment to make up for some lack of natural ability. I hope Carlos and the management team are able to provide the necessary support to enable a restoration of his confidence.

I listened to CC in his post match interview and he made reference to the necessary playing skills required having received a yellow card.

Anyway…blood pressure monitor out in anticipation…

Wouldn’t surprise me now if it’s Leicester and Southampton who get automatic with Ipswich and Leeds finishing 3rd and 4th. We will make the play offs but need to get Okay firing again and for me someone who can score ie Maja or even Phillips in that role. Can’t be missing sitters in the play offs or stupid sending offs plus switching off at the back.

Sunderland looked better defensively today than us even before the sending off and hard to break down.

Think we will lose next week making the Wednesday match huge for both sides.

Thought Bartley was poor today and Wallace and Swift need to get back to form.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’s not at all nervy though Paul.

Anyone who can do basic maths can see that this isn’t even close to being nervy.

It’s annoying, I’ll accept that.
    I'm impressed with this new Mick attitude....🧐
    It's only sport after all. For enjoyment only. Not for nervous break downs. I got well passed a bunch of footballers upsetting my weekend along time ago.
    Considering where I thought the club would be this time last year, I am above very happy with the season EVEN if we don't make the play offs.
    The new man in charge gives me optimism for the season ahead. I think the team has done great and should be applauded....👍
    Hope the knee operation is recovering well...

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I'm impressed with this new Mick attitude....��
    It's only sport after all. For enjoyment only. Not for nervous break downs. I got well passed a bunch of footballers upsetting my weekend along time ago.
    Considering where I thought the club would be this time last year, I am above very happy with the season EVEN if we don't make the play offs.
    The new man in charge gives me optimism for the season ahead. I think the team has done great and should be applauded....��
    Hope the knee operation is recovering well...
    “For enjoyment only” ?

You’re absolutely right of course Db buddy !
    Sometimes our conversations with adjacent long term season ticket holders provide the necessary therapy !!
    (Albeit I have to remind myself that my glass is indeed half full)

........(Albeit I have to remind myself that my glass is indeed half full)
    Hardly surprising with that avatar of yours Victor 😉.

“For enjoyment only” ?

You’re absolutely right of course Db buddy !
    Sometimes our conversations with adjacent long term season ticket holders provide the necessary therapy !!
    (Albeit I have to remind myself that my glass is indeed half full)

But sure there is a word for people who get enjoyment out of pain. Can't remember what it is at the moment....

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post

But sure there is a word for people who get enjoyment out of pain. Can't remember what it is at the moment....
    Masochist is the word that eludes you I believe Dubs! 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Masochist is the word that eludes you I believe Dubs! 🤣
    That's the one....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)