+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can we keep Rinomhota?

Keep him for me. He's been the most consistent midfielder since he arrived.
    In league 1 we need wide players and pace. TBH I'm happy to have oddofin and Humphrey as the 2 main CB with a big lad to deal with hig ball you get in league 1.
    Kioso I'm still not convinced if he's injured or wants away.

we need to be careful with this dump the lot mentality, firstly it is hugely expensive to dispose and recruit, it is highly likely that if TS is planning his exit he will protect himself financially as he does it, I suspect a very tightly run smaller budget. Secondly a player that looks average in the championship can look outstanding in L1 so for me Rathbone, Odofin, Tiehi (if issues are sorted), Clucas and Rinomhota could be very solid midfield for L1 all it lacks is a creative touch. I still think Nombe and Eaves will do ok in L1, Eaves was very unlucky with that header yesterday, if we get the ball wide and get crosses in Eaves will do ok. This is why Bramall isn't good enough, he hesitates before crossing and fails to beat the first man 60-70% of the time. We need wide players that can cross and cross early with pace.

After his sublime finish yesterday, I belly laughed heartily for a good 3 minutes solid. So keeper for me, just for comedy value.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    we need to be careful with this dump the lot mentality, firstly it is hugely expensive to dispose and recruit, it is highly likely that if TS is planning his exit he will protect himself financially as he does it, I suspect a very tightly run smaller budget. Secondly a player that looks average in the championship can look outstanding in L1 so for me Rathbone, Odofin, Tiehi (if issues are sorted), Clucas and Rinomhota could be very solid midfield for L1 all it lacks is a creative touch. I still think Nombe and Eaves will do ok in L1, Eaves was very unlucky with that header yesterday, if we get the ball wide and get crosses in Eaves will do ok. This is why Bramall isn't good enough, he hesitates before crossing and fails to beat the first man 60-70% of the time. We need wide players that can cross and cross early with pace.
    There's a lot of truth in that but our current squad is a mish mash of player types and styles with a thick layer of laziness. LR needs to decide which style he wants to play and dispose and recruit accordingly.

If he goes for a fitness and running approach then at least three quarters of the squad have to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12