+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ayr (H) Match Thread

If I were to guess I'd say we couldn't do this in the JK due to segregation.

Certainly time wise sales are ahead of where they were for the RR game a couple of weeks back. I.i.r.c. JK only just went on sale for that a couple of days pre game and ended up maybe about a 1/4 to a 1/3 of capacity. Given it’s only Wed, I think there’s a fair chance the JK may be not far off full come ko on Sat looking at what’s been sold so far.

BTW given events since then, that RR game at home feels like a lifetime ago now………….

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    If I were to guess I'd say we couldn't do this in the JK due to segregation.
    Yeah, impossible. You'd be asking fans to use the same entrance/exit points, which is never gonna happen.

TBF to the Club, does the JK hold more than the Shed? I think it does, in which case given the expected crowd it actually makes more sense to keep back the JK for us rather than the Shed if the Jim McLean is indeed out of action.

They hold pretty much the same but you'll never get the speed of sales in the JK that you would if the Shed was available, as we saw against Raith

Does anybody remember a game against Celtic in the early 80s where we ended up with segregation in the shed because they broke down the gate and poured in? We had police forming the segregation as I remember. Fairly sure I haven't made this up 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Does anybody remember a game against Celtic in the early 80s where we ended up with segregation in the shed because they broke down the gate and poured in? We had police forming the segregation as I remember. Fairly sure I haven't made this up ��
    Don’t remember that but I do remember a couple of games against the Huns in the Souness era where they’d bought United end tickets and congregated in the fair play end of the Shed where Tayside’s finest just stood there and let them crack on with it.

The Shed has been segregated before, with both sets of fans in it, split down the middle by metal railings and the Polis. That was in the days of walking around freely at half-time , and using the same toilets/wall of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    The Shed has been segregated before, with both sets of fans in it, split down the middle by metal railings and the Polis. That was in the days of walking around freely at half-time , and using the same toilets/wall of course.
    That might well be what I'm remembering tbh,I definitely remember scaling the wall and hiding in the toilets a few times for the midweek games as well. Memory isn't what it used to be though 🤣🤣

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)