+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ayr (H) Match Thread

Ayr (H) Match Thread

So, we may have won the league before a ball has been kicked in this game, but let's assume that this is our first chance to win the league.

I would think Ayr would want to come and have a go at us as they have an outside chance of still making the play off spot, but a second look at the table shows that they might even get drawn into the relegation play off, so they might come in and play for a draw.

Having just won their last game by a few goals... I think they will be very attack minded, and I think that might suit us.

I expect JG not to change the team too much. If we play the way we have for the past 3 games... then I think we win the league in front of a massive home support... which would seem fitting for the fans!

2-0 united Watt & Moult

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    So, we may have won the league before a ball has been kicked in this game, but let's assume that this is our first chance to win the league.

I would think Ayr would want to come and have a go at us as they have an outside chance of still making the play off spot, but a second look at the table shows that they might even get drawn into the relegation play off, so they might come in and play for a draw.

Having just won their last game by a few goals... I think they will be very attack minded, and I think that might suit us.

I expect JG not to change the team too much. If we play the way we have for the past 3 games... then I think we win the league in front of a massive home support... which would seem fitting for the fans!

2-0 united Watt & Moult

We cannot "officially " win it before a ball is kicked but if Raith lose at Inverness then a swing of at least 38 goals and is required with united losing last 3 games.
    If Raith win at Inverness on Friday we need to beat Ayr to make it official.
    Saturday is going to be some day !
    The club will want to make it "official" at home and tickets are selling fast.
    East stand sold out, top tier george fox almost gone with downstairs selling quickly.
    Get your tickets get the place packed out.

If RR win on Friday we can't officially win the title on Saturday as they'll be 6 points behind with 6 to play for (if we beat Ayr). However, everyone knows that'll be that because of the incredible gap in the goal difference. But, still not official. ��

....aye....but unless JG puts Poppadom back between the sticks for banter....I think the goal difference is gonna be fine!

The way I see it..it's like The Chase and we have 3 goes at going through!

Of course the goal difference will be fine but it being official means there is no possibility of anything happening, no matter how weird.

Looking back a couple of weeks ago I always thought that the penultimate game at Airdrie was going to be the trickiest of the run in by far given the form they’re currently in and the fact it’s played on the you know what surface. If we hadn’t got it put to bed before then, then there was the very real possibility of it then going to a last day shootout with Rovers at home to relegated Arbroath. To now have the opportunity to get this finished off at home prior to this is absolutely fantastic and removes a whole heap of pressure and anxiety. Further, I honestly don’t think it’s going to matter anyway - I really see ICT beating Raith at home on Fri night which will make the whole thing irrelevant happily.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 14-04-2024 at 10:38 AM.

Big Dunc will have a large Arab support cheering his team on in front of the TV on Friday. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Looking back a couple of weeks ago I always thought that the penultimate game at Airdrie was going to be the trickiest of the run in by far given the form they’re currently in and the fact it’s played on the you know what surface. If we hadn’t got it put to bed before then, then there was the very real possibility of it then going to a last day shootout with Rovers at home to relegated Arbroath. To now have the opportunity to get this finished off at home prior to this is absolutely fantastic and removes a whole heap of pressure and anxiety. Further, I honestly don’t think it’s going to matter anyway - I really see ICT beating Raith at home on Fri night which will make the whole thing irrelevant happily.

I think ICT might get something, not certain they'll win, been pretty poor at home and getting more of their pts arrest recently

That Airdrie game though would no longer be as tricky as they are pretty much confirmed top 4 now and might ease off a bit before the play offs, either way of at play well on Sat we should win, first goal and it's almost certain

Had a wee look on official site there and tickets selling very well. Really only GFL at shed end block left. Also noticed that as yet away tickets are not available for sale - wonder if Shed is being kept back for us this time with Ayr fans in JK?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Had a wee look on official site there and tickets selling very well. Really only GFL at shed end block left. Also noticed that as yet away tickets are not available for sale - wonder if Shed is being kept back for us this time with Ayr fans in JK?
    Has to be that reason surely? Can't be locking out united fans on a potentially title winning day. The ground needs to be bouncing and a sea of tangerine rather than a few hundred away fans behind one goal.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)