+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible Future Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I think Trips will be here next season, I still think his leadership will be very important for us. . . would like to see Gordon on some corners rather that him though.

Don't know if he'll end his career with us but pretty confident he'll be here next season.
    Yeah he's a player who has won a lot in his career and played at the very very top level, that level of experience is invaluable.

We could see Eddie adapting the tactics so that Tripz plays as part of the back 3 which we've seen against Spurs with the left back pushing up. With his range of passing and the two CBs to cover. As he inevitably loses a step or two of pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    would like to see Gordon on some corners rather that him though.
    I would like to see Tonali on set pieces as well as Gordon, as they were one of his strengths at Milan

Quote Originally Posted by Xamand View Post
    I would like to see Tonali on set pieces as well as Gordon, as they were one of his strengths at Milan
    Absolutely. When he's on the pitch with Tripz they were playing some interested Free Kick routines switching the ball and changing the angle of attack.

Gonna be buzzing when we can the full wrecking crew on the feild.

Joelinton, Tonali, Bruno is a frightening midfield 3. Outside of Man City, Liverpool?!? I'd stack those three against anyone in the league.

Tripz playing quarter back, Gordon next season with Barnes at full tilt. Isak a year older and wiser.

F**KING BUZZING!

Quote Originally Posted by Derek57 View Post
    So, even before any new signings to come we have the following 1st team from our current squad:

Pope
    Hall,Schar,Botman,Tino
    Bruno,Joelinton,Tonali
    Gordon,Isak,Barnes

I think i would take my chances with that team on the pitch.
    Things are starting to look good for us finally
    Not a bad team at all...got the full backs on the wrong side though! 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Areet Dezza mate.

Indeed our Current first team 11 is a handsome sight to see! I'd swap Tripz for Hall in your line up is all I'd change.

Subs bench right now:
    Dubz, Hall, Lascelles, Krafth
    Miley, Anderson, Longstaff, Willock
    Murphy, Almiron, Wilson

A fully fit squad that mob is in the conversation for a top 4 finish, arguably a title challenge.

Sadly, we know the deficiencies of some in terms of fitness & limitation in terms of others when relied upon in the absences of those who are injured so often.

In the summer if we can move on Miggy & Wilson for a combined £25-30million and bring in 2 players at the higher level of fitness and ability and keep the majority of that squad fit through out next season we're gonna have a very successful year next year!

Things have been looking canny since the take over. Progress is never linea & we're always going to have set backs.

Eddie Howe and the back room team have done amazing things to achieve the levels we have this season and it can only get better.
    Yeah.
    I really don't think we will lose Isak or Bruno in the summer. They will give us as least one more season.

Wilson and Almiron need upgrading, so sell them for £40- £50.

A striker and a RW are priority.

Then we have to look at an athletic DM, first choice LB and a new pacy right CB.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    Yeah.
    I really don't think we will lose Isak or Bruno in the summer. They will give us as least one more season.

Wilson and Almiron need upgrading, so sell them for £40- £50.

A striker and a RW are priority.

Then we have to look at an athletic DM, first choice LB and a new pacy right CB.
    With Lascelles and Botman out for 9 month I think 2 CB's are priority..

Ousamane Diomande has been talked about

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post
    With Lascelles and Botman out for 9 month I think 2 CB's are priority..

Ousamane Diomande has been talked about
    Think we are getting Kelly on a free...so money spent on one CB. I've seen the Diomande rumours too. Never seen him play, but highly rated. Will be a fair amount of competition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)