+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aahlreet you lot....

Aahlreet you lot....

For one reason or another, I've been awol.from the board for a good while.

But after a season of reading "TOON" fans views on Twitter or X or whatever, I needed to pop back in here.

I've no idea what you lot in here have been thinking or discussing, but I am sick and fed up of people doubting Howe and slagging of our players who have sweat blood and tears this season, during THE most horrendous injury crisis I have ever known.

Not one person within the club has moaned, complained or given any excuses, they have simply rolled up their sleeves and given it their all!

With 6 games left, we have come through everything... not just the injuries, but the unbelievable cup draws we faced. We have battled through and we still have a very good chance of european qualification.... how can any fan complain or criticise.

I am enjoying the ride and the only downside to it all, is, I do not have my season ticket, the holy grail.

You can't have it all.

So I go to as many North Shields games as I can, whilst firesticking (with two fingers up) every minute of every toon match....

It's good to be back!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    For one reason or another, I've been awol.from the board for a good while.

But after a season of reading "TOON" fans views on Twitter or X or whatever, I needed to pop back in here.

I've no idea what you lot in here have been thinking or discussing, but I am sick and fed up of people doubting Howe and slagging of our players who have sweat blood and tears this season, during THE most horrendous injury crisis I have ever known.

Not one person within the club has moaned, complained or given any excuses, they have simply rolled up their sleeves and given it their all!

With 6 games left, we have come through everything... not just the injuries, but the unbelievable cup draws we faced. We have battled through and we still have a very good chance of european qualification.... how can any fan complain or criticise.

I am enjoying the ride and the only downside to it all, is, I do not have my season ticket, the holy grail.

You can't have it all.

So I go to as many North Shields games as I can, whilst firesticking (with two fingers up) every minute of every toon match....

It's good to be back!!!!
    Bl00dy hell it's Micky from the wall! What's cracking mate, long time no smell! Welcome back. Good to hear from you!

Well as you can imagine on here this board is a cesspit of vipers and hatred & a staunch 98% Howe bunch of extremists fueling the hatred and negativity towards the board, the manager & the huge investments made by the owners.

Hahaha.

In reality the Mods have done a superb job over the recent years (during your greatly missed absence mate) booting out all the trolls Mackems and other muppets who have no interest in genuine banter, dialogue or discourse.

These days it's a great craic 95% of the time. Of course there is the occasional Unemployed puddle drinker who pops up for a bit of whack a mole starting new account after new account to spam nonsense. However, as mentioned the MODs are red hot on that behaviour these days.

We've got a great group of people not, some excellent debate and conversations.

We're all in agreement that the club is in great shape, unity from Terraces to boardroom. It's clear and joined up what the club are trying to do and we are more or less all on board. Naturally the price of season tickets is upsetting some folks. I'm in the Middle East, so I really don't have a horse in the race, whilst I do sympathise with the folks who are feeling the financial pressure.

It's clear that the Twitter-sphere comments boil down to the following categories:

1 - Mackems masquerading as Toon fans to stir up their usual soup of poop
    2 - Fans of Other clubs ruinous with envy at the fact we are going to the top & now have stable owners with the deepest pockets
    3 - Agent provocateurs paid or otherwise from MSM outlets or other clubs to infiltrate the fanbase to spread descent in an attempt to destabilise the harmony as they know that the sleeping giant has awoken & together this club can become a genuine force in European/World football

Subsequently, we generally discuss this nonsense, dissect the articles and laugh at the nonsense.

One from yesterday on talk sh!te: Gabby Agbull**** & Jamie O'Hara talking about Spurs & Isak.
    In what world would Isak trade Newcastle for Spurs? There is zero logic but those two clowns even let the truth get in the way of their own delussion.

So the endless debate and life long obsession that is NUFC & the wider world of Football continues.

Would be great to see you back more often in the comments mate, all the best.

We should never have signed Gordon - not good enough. Howe needs replacing coz we’re not in the CL places. I wouldn’t know a football if it hit me on the ars*.

Welcome back, Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    We should never have signed Gordon - not good enough. Howe needs replacing coz we’re not in the CL places. I wouldn’t know a football if it hit me on the ars*.

Welcome back, Mick.
    Toptoon ladies and gents... He's here all week... try the soup!

😄

Alreet mick..

To be fair I started to doubt Howe.. I'll freely admit it when we went through that horrendous spell..

Bit I've always said (99% of the time) he has credits in the bank and has next season for me with another transfer window or 2

Afternoon, Mick. Great to see you back.

Aye, some of the Twitter stuff is ludicrous . Funnily enough, I was going to put up a Howe thread yesterday but the site was playing up.

When you look at the outrageous injuries-and the problems that's caused to the players not able to have a rest then to be in 6th and still in with a shout at Europe is nothing short of incredible.

Fully behind Howe and I find it hard to understand the whole Howe Out nonsense. We can't expect to be winning every game at a canter and I hope we never get to the level of arrogance that some "fan"bases have.
    We massively overachieved last season and took advantage of some other teams having bad seasons to get 4th place so to expect to do the same this season, even without the insane injury crisis we have had, I thought was a bit silly. Remember, we got that 4th place only 18 months after being nailed on for relegation! With FFP you can't just go out and splash the cash on a whole new team to propel yourself straight to the top and anyway, as Chelsea have proved, it often doesn't work even if you do. We may not have had as good a season this year as last but I still see progress. I believe we now have a stronger squad with some stand out talents while some of the players who have been with us longer have progressed and improved..
    We're heading in the right direction, just need to trust the process and remember that it was always going to take a few years and not be overnight. I've been waiting my whole life for it, I still have some time left touch wood

City lose. Yeah they're looking good for the 4th title in a row but they have still lost games.

We have suffered out 2nd season syndrome for Howe in the managers chair.

I have been critical of his tactics on one or two occasions but I've always been committed to the project, seen what he is trying to do, I guess say 90-95% supportive, through out the season.

We've been turned over by Forest, Wood turned into Prime Mark Viduka, put us to the sword with a hattrick to this day I still can't quite believe is real.

A few other moments in the hight of our injury problems I was not happy but had to be philosophical. The players we had in the 3rd string to come on of the reserves who were playing first team due to absences were just too far away from Prem quality.

With Miley showing us what the academy can produce and Anderson in the Spurs game reaffirming our potential in the squad we really have got a great core on which to build.

Howe once again this season should be in the discussion for Manager of the season. Once again he will be overlooked. No surprise there.

Good to see you again Mick.

Aye, some of the stuff said on Twitter is a joke.

Like you, we're enjoying the ride - summer should be a really interesting one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)