+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If we hadn’t been so negative could we have survived.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It's a no from me. We didn't have the players with enough fitness, heart or skill to survive in this league however we played. The refereeing didn't help either.
    Good summary CAM, I think the fitness was a big factor even at the start of the season MT said the players were suffering from fatigue, he never got them fit in pre-season, something that PW was excellent at. I think we had some skilful players but we lacked pace in the top third and the wide players are too slow to cross a ball, when we played well the wide players were getting the crosses in. Poor recruitment, the gamble didn't work and a club our size cannot get recruitment wrong, however if you do then you get a promotion!!!. In the recruitment I am also referring to the shambles of replacing MT. I still think there is a leadership issue at Rotherham, whether it is due to TS being too autocratic or just incompetence, I think we have seen that with certain contracts and infrastructure and we are seeing it again with employees not doing their job, letting their colleagues down, the fans and the owners. So many factors against us and to be honest most of them are self-inflected, finances are a huge factor the refereeing doesn't help but physician heel thyself

It`s an interesting question,but basically we`re not really built for the Championship(at the minute).
    However,when LR came in we weren`t that far behind,I think 3 behind Wednesday,and maybe 8 from safety,which sounds a lot in the real world,but with over half a season to go,it was catchable,but all we`ve done is get further and further behind,and I must say since he came in I don`t remember must positivity,or rallying of the troups,even if you think you`re doomed,you must spout possitivity to the media and the fans,I can`t recall must of that.
    Richardson`s thinking,from what I`ve seen is quite negative,don`t get hammered every game,I`m guessing he`s trying to make the best of a bad hand he`s been dealt,but we would have never survived with that mindset,and guess what....we haven`t !
    I mean it`s quite likely we would gone down anyway,from the position we were in,but I would have loved us to have given it more of a go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12