+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If we hadn’t been so negative could we have survived.

If we hadn’t been so negative could we have survived.

We talk about the Championship like we don’t belong,the big money,the big teams but to be honest I wasn’t too impressed with a lot of the teams.Some poor sides like Swansea yesterday we never gave them anything to think about,if we hadn’t set up all season not to lose & had a go at some of the poorer side we may have got a few more points.Too much respect given.Like you all I’m so disappointed with this,it’s like we were happy to make the numbers up.Once a miller always a Miller but it’s wearing a bit thin,65yrs it’s in the blood but for a lot of the young fans it not.

Agreed, I wished we'd played 2 up front! Been Bold!
    Especially at home!!

It's a no from me. We didn't have the players with enough fitness, heart or skill to survive in this league however we played. The refereeing didn't help either.

True.

Yep, too many lazy journeymen and overrated tat

It's a no from me and include having the best training facilities in the country in the mix as well. It would be like putting lipstick on a pig!

Long answer.
    Injury's are crippling big clubs (checkout Newcastle results). Small clubs in big leagues it's a recipe for disaster.
    For all the fans that slated them. Green and Fred offered us support for the front player.

With out green, Fred, Humphrey, Blackett, Morrison is lways going to hurt a team of our size

Short answer NO

There have been some poor teams, but nowhere near as bad as us. The table confirms it. I don't go along with all the not trying stuff. I think we're giving them too much credit.

The squad was always unbalanced, it's too loaded through the middle, central defenders, central midfielders and centre fowards, Barely any width and not a lot of pace. Just having two fit half decent wingers all season would've made us competitive at least but I still think we'd have gone down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    We talk about the Championship like we don’t belong,the big money,the big teams but to be honest I wasn’t too impressed with a lot of the teams.Some poor sides like Swansea yesterday we never gave them anything to think about,if we hadn’t set up all season not to lose & had a go at some of the poorer side we may have got a few more points.Too much respect given.Like you all I’m so disappointed with this,it’s like we were happy to make the numbers up.Once a miller always a Miller but it’s wearing a bit thin,65yrs it’s in the blood but for a lot of the young fans it not.
    I agree with much of this. Certainly the points around other teams being poor (many times we've walked away saying "they were there for the taking"), and how younger fans must feel different to weathered, older fans. If we had decent resolve, and a good core behind the scenes, I think we'd have still been in the mix today, even with the injuries and piss poor officiating.

Becoming increasingly obvious that whilst Tony's "Eiffel Tower" presents us in a good light, there are myriad areas we're well behind with in the background. They reckon integrity is about doing the right thing when nobody is watching... so it's not too far off the idea of having a shiny stadium whilst the rest of the club is two divisions behind. Fine if you've got a solid, galvanised set of people who want to bust a gut to fight for success, but since Warne left, Woody left, maybe a few other longer term fixtures, we've lost that.

Not a crisis, but I'm expecting next season to be very different from the last few we've gone down. Change needed, and plenty of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast