+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What signings would you like?

What signings would you like?

Personally I think we need:

GK
    LB
    2 XCB
    DM
    RW
    ST

I think Dubz will be away and the same with Miggy.. Minteh will probably get another season on loan possibly..

I don't think the midfield needs touching much if all stay fit but it depends on whether or not we sell Bruno

Wilson will not be here next season, I think he will be sold and Isak gets the number 9 next season, we just need someone who will push for that starting position too.. I think we revisit the Ekitike deal again

Wirtz from Leverkusen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post

GK
    LB
    2 XCB
    DM
    RW
    ST

I think Dubz will be away and the same with Miggy.. Minteh will probably get another season on loan possibly..

I don't think the midfield needs touching much if all stay fit but it depends on whether or not we sell Bruno

Wilson will not be here next season, I think he will be sold and Isak gets the number 9 next season, we just need someone who will push for that starting position too.. I think we revisit the Ekitike deal again
    GK - James Trafford

LB - Lloyd Kelly? Open to options but he is free in summer and decent

CB - Tosin Adarabioyo - on a free in the summer, quality player + one other - obvs gonna have to pay for that one unless they unearth a gem

DM - I dunno if we need another Midfielder. Anderson was a bull against spurs, J7, Tonali, Bruno, Longstaff, Miley & a full fit Willock next season is a superb variety of tools for EH to work with. Maybe Teun Koopmeiners or his team mate Éderson both play DM and dominated Liverpool in the 0-3 thrashing at the skip

RW - decisions decisions - Takefusa Kubo at Sociedad is a wild card but we have a good relationship with the spanish club after signing Isak
    open to options, who you lads fancy?

ST/CF - Benjamin Šeško is my No.1 tip top choice. Love that lad. Plays the Classic No.9 but with new age mobility. Ekiteke might be another option the lad is still as talented and potential as he had.

It's gonna be one hell of an exciting summer

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    GK - James Trafford

LB - Lloyd Kelly? Open to options but he is free in summer and decent

CB - Tosin Adarabioyo - on a free in the summer, quality player + one other - obvs gonna have to pay for that one unless they unearth a gem

DM - I dunno if we need another Midfielder. Anderson was a bull against spurs, J7, Tonali, Bruno, Longstaff, Miley & a full fit Willock next season is a superb variety of tools for EH to work with. Maybe Teun Koopmeiners or his team mate Éderson both play DM and dominated Liverpool in the 0-3 thrashing at the skip

RW - decisions decisions - Takefusa Kubo at Sociedad is a wild card but we have a good relationship with the spanish club after signing Isak
    open to options, who you lads fancy?

ST/CF - Benjamin Šeško is my No.1 tip top choice. Love that lad. Plays the Classic No.9 but with new age mobility. Ekiteke might be another option the lad is still as talented and potential as he had.

It's gonna be one hell of an exciting summer
    Would you take James Trafford over Ramsdale?

I think he would cost just as much without the experience..

I love Sesko, have done for a couple of seasons now.. I'd take him or Patrick Schick in a heartbeat

Kubo is a good shoult but over him given the chance I'd love to go all out for Yeremy Pino or Roony Bardghji

I can’t see us signing more than 3 players for a fee.

If Kelly comes in on a free then great, but we’re probably going to be limited by how much extra we are making out of this and into next season to pay form someone’s wages.

Say a player costs 40m and is on 100k/month… that’s (rough maths) 13 million commitment for 5 years.

We know we have Sela and Adidas uplift
    We know there will be a few fringe players gone
    There’s speculation over Miggy and Wilson (met him yesterday at Whitehouse farm and got a pic of him with my eldest - really nice bloke)… not sure about either… and of the two I would rather keep Wilson and manage his fitness… he does his job consistently when fit, Miggy is back to the usual goals and assists…. But not convinced he’ll leave.

So given we know we have increased wages with Bruno and Big Joe, and Miggy got a new contract and Tonali is on the books even if not playing… so I don’t know how much uplift other than main sponsors we might have to spend

My assumption is we will have approx 50m to pay for increases in transfer fee’s and wages, it’s very conservative, but I think 3 players who are good enough to play in a team battling for a European spot is a good improvement.

Positions I would prioritise…

CB / RW / young striker to learn from Isak and Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    I can’t see us signing more than 3 players for a fee.

If Kelly comes in on a free then great, but we’re probably going to be limited by how much extra we are making out of this and into next season to pay form someone’s wages.

Say a player costs 40m and is on 100k/month… that’s (rough maths) 13 million commitment for 5 years.

We know we have Sela and Adidas uplift
    We know there will be a few fringe players gone
    There’s speculation over Miggy and Wilson (met him yesterday at Whitehouse farm and got a pic of him with my eldest - really nice bloke)… not sure about either… and of the two I would rather keep Wilson and manage his fitness… he does his job consistently when fit, Miggy is back to the usual goals and assists…. But not convinced he’ll leave.

So given we know we have increased wages with Bruno and Big Joe, and Miggy got a new contract and Tonali is on the books even if not playing… so I don’t know how much uplift other than main sponsors we might have to spend

My assumption is we will have approx 50m to pay for increases in transfer fee’s and wages, it’s very conservative, but I think 3 players who are good enough to play in a team battling for a European spot is a good improvement.

Positions I would prioritise…

CB / RW / young striker to learn from Isak and Wilson
    I think we will see a bigger spend than that just purely based on the fact its the start of the new financial term, I do think the PSR or FFP will be scrapped soon enough and some cashflow will come in..

I'd be disappointed if we didn't add some serious depth but know that there will be a few outgoings too.. be glad to get some of those out of contract players gone too who are on silly wages for their standard..

Would you take James Trafford over Ramsdale?

I think he would cost just as much without the experience..

I love Sesko, have done for a couple of seasons now.. I'd take him or Patrick Schick in a heartbeat

Kubo is a good shoult but over him given the chance I'd love to go all out for Yeremy Pino or Roony Bardghji
    Would you take James Trafford over Ramsdale? - 100% Trafford is gonna cost about £15-20m Ramsdale hasn't proved to be worth 3x that price at £50-60m.

I'd take either Schick is a little older, more complete in many ways but also had a bit of a drop off once signed a new contract.
    Also Schick is 28 and will he transfer his best form to the Prem? He'll be a big ticket item at that age and the salary will be substantial.
    Sesko would be a smarter signing 20yrs old and 6ft 4in. A freaking monster in the box! him and BDB alongside Botman in both Penalty areas would be crazy intimidating!

Kubo is a good shout but over him given the chance I'd love to go all out for Yeremy Pino or Roony Bardghji

Pino - https://www.sofascore.com/player/yeremy-pino/984624 / https://fbref.com/en/players/540ec57...couting-Report

Don't know anything about this guy TBH.

Roony Bardghji - mmmm Onion Barji (makes Homer Simpson drooling noise haha)

https://www.sofascore.com/player/roony-bardghji/1162107 / https://fbref.com/en/players/88ce7ddc/Roony-Bardghji

Not much on him apart from the schooling he gave Man U in the UCL this season.

GK
    LB
    2 XCB
    DM
    RW
    ST

With FFP, we need to look at a few real quality players.

Sell Wilson and Miggy to help. Obviously along with any fringe players we can.

A striker obviously. Not sure who, but should be young and not always injured. I like the look of that Sesko.

RW. We've seen the difference Gordon has made over Maxi. Need a similar upgrade on Almiron. Would like a look at Minteh, but he should just be be backup/ squad if given a chance.

LB. Keep Burn as a CB where he is much better and bring in a first choice left defender. Again...dunno who.

CB. Kelly seems to be coming in which is great. But he was supposed to replace Lacelles..we need Botman replaced too. So a rapid right sided CB ready to compete with, take over from Schar.

That's the focus imo.

Ideally we should sign a fast first choice DM.

Then look at a keeper.

I think we will see a bigger spend than that just purely based on the fact its the start of the new financial term, I do think the PSR or FFP will be scrapped soon enough and some cashflow will come in..

I'd be disappointed if we didn't add some serious depth but know that there will be a few outgoings too.. be glad to get some of those out of contract players gone too who are on silly wages for their standard..
    What do you mean by the start of a new financial term?

All that happens is we drop off the losses from 20/21 from our rolling 3 year figures, and given that was Ashley’s last full season I’m not expecting that will free up much (if any) debt against the 105m limit.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)