+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Portsmouth v Barnsley

Our closing down was quite incredible tonight in my opinion.

A bit unjust giving a penalty away which was the games changer. Up to then we’ve murderred them most of the game and it’s a strikers tackle
    that gives the ref the decision to make.

What’s pleased me tonight it’s the best we have played well in what’s seems ages, if we get to the playoffs and perform like that we won’t be far off if you can cut out the defensive errors lol.

A very good effort against the best team in the league and Congratulations to Portsmouth.

A very good football match and was well worth watching.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 16-04-2024 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Probably the best performance for a long time. Gutted we didnt get a point. WILL the mindset of “finish the job” against Northampton be there?
    Tonight they played very well. Less crab football, more direct threat. Lincoln, I feel will get the wins needed…… Will we?
    Not gonna knock the performance, or the ref for the pen……it was always coming.
    No complaints.
    Agree with that. We play so much quicker and with much more intent away from home. I just wish we wouldn’t gift teams with penalties and free headers.

If we attack like we did tonight, then we will have a chance. We will need to given we concede multiple goals a game.

Disappointing result but I'm not going to knock the performance because I thought we were worth at the very least a point .

A proper home penalty decision right in front of the Fratton End in my opinion , seen plenty of them not given .

The Pompey winner was weak from us and we were clearly reeling from the penalty , pyss poor defending but hardly surprising either .

Absolutely no real attempt to keep the Pompey fans off the field whilst the game still had plenty of time in it and it looked pretty hostile too .

Still it's taken them long enough to get back to the championship , 12 years !!!

Well done ??

Perhaps on the back of that performance its an apt time to bring this up. We've conceded 60 goals in 44 league games so far, the worst defence in the top 6.

Our players put on a great performance tonight, worked their nuts off, laiked some great football at speed and made the Champions look bang average for 70 mins in their own back yard. We score two and are in control of the game. Then we slightly drop back, or they perhaps force us back and inevitably so considering opposition that we were up against, the substitutes they made and what was at stake for them. Unfortunately the Herculean effort that our players had put in the previous 80 mins is all undone with 5 mins of home team pressure backed by a partisan crowd. We are never home and dry are we?

Should we end up qualifying for that top 6, we could be 2 goals up with 5 mins to go in the semi final and my blood pressure would be thru the roof with this lot. The injury to Pines was a major blow but it happens and you have to deal with it. Other clubs have injuries too. The unfortunate thing is that we have to score at least 2 or 3 to give ourselves a chance of 3 points. We have 1 clean sheet in 17 league games and in those last 17 games we've been breached 30 times.

It's hard to be confident even on instances like tonight where we've played ever so well yet conceded 3.

I'm not sure what Collins has done wrong there again, apart from a questionable substitution again, maybe.
    He can't be blamed for Macca conceding the pen, after he himself looked like he might be the winning goalscorer tonight.
    It's a better consolation sort of feeling after that match, but we simply can't defend and it's seriously costing us now, big time!. 😟

Could not be bothered getting up in the early hours local time here to watch the game but from reading all the above posts certainly a much better team performance.

As the music lyrics go.....The Heat is On!

A very good performance from the lads & in my opinion the penalty ultimately decided the outcome , if they dont get the penalty we win the match , Pompey were frustrated and considering the occasion the crowd were subdued but the spot kick changed that & the inevitable happened with a carbon copy goal from a corner against us , but they did get the spot kick & did win the match so congratulations to them on their promotion , from a reds point of view we can certainly take some positives from the game.

Unfortunately for us it's a results business, particularly at this stage in a season.

What should have been the rewards of an excellent performance against the Champions thrown away late on conceding a silly penalty and a free header caused by characteristic poor marking from a corner.

Congratulations Portsmouth on being Third Division Champions.

A fine weather forecast for Blackpool on Setdi.

Apparently one of our players got punched twice by an idiotic so called Pompey supporter during the pitch invasion at full time if reports are true. Why on earth would you want to do something like that when you're supposed to be celebrating? Strange world we live in.

Having said that, these pitch invasions are becoming a cause for concern in terms of altercations. Players being struck is starting to become a regular occurrence by the looks of it. I just don't get it.

Obviously this idiot isn't representative of all Pompey supporters who are arguably some of the most passionate in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Apparently one of our players got punched twice by an idiotic so called Pompey supporter during the pitch invasion at full time if reports are true. Why on earth would you want to do something like that when you're supposed to be celebrating? Strange world we live in.

Having said that, these pitch invasions are becoming a cause for concern in terms of altercations. Players being struck is starting to become a regular occurrence by the looks of it. I just don't get it.

Obviously this idiot isn't representative of all Pompey supporters who are arguably some of the most passionate in the UK.
    I thought something like this might happen Pass , not the first time it's happened at Fratton Park either .

Pompey do have passionate fans but they also have more fuqwits than most .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast