+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Portsmouth v Barnsley

Romared Match Thoughts Portsmouth v Barnsley

A difficult night ahead for us with an expectant full house at Fratton Park and the Pompey faithful hoping to seal promotion to the championship .

The only case I can make for us coming away with anything tomorrow night is that sometimes football is just daft and Pompey might blow their lines in front of a partisan crowd .

I wouldn't be putting money on it mind .

I can only see an embarrassing night, our defence scares the hell out of me.

After switching Everton off at 3-0 down after 28 minutes tonight, I hope for better fare tomorrow, as Corrie isnt on, and I have only two episodes of Kin left.
    Jalo has to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    After switching Everton off at 3-0 down after 28 minutes tonight, I hope for better fare tomorrow, as Corrie isnt on, and I have only two episodes of Kin left.
    Jalo has to start.
    Not for me Jules , I would not put extra pressure on Jalo & let him come off the bench , on saturday until his goal he looked off the pace & struggled , however once he found the net you could see his confidence rise & his movement on and off the ball improved significantly , now tonight we are playing against far stronger opposition and a team with a lot more quality but we will probably be under the cosh which will be totally different than the Reading game, let him see from the bench what is happening and then when he does get on he will know what to expect & have a better picture of how to deal with it , we are not only playing a team we are playing the occasion & the crowd as well , a totally different ball game . I see the Blackpool & the Northampton fixtures as better games in which to give Jalo his opportunities but this is a tough call for Mr Collins, he will be dammed if he plays him & dammed if he leaves him out .
    Last edited by Shadrack the Red; 16-04-2024 at 06:58 AM.

I imagine Fratton Park will be bouncing in anticipation of promotion/winning the league. If we give (gift) them a goal in the first 15 minutes, it could be a cricket score. Let’s hope a few of our players step up to their level before this awful run we’ve had.

I would guess that John Portsmouth (changed surname by deed poll) will be ringing his bell tonight amongst a bumper crowd.

I feel it will all be too much for our porous defence.

Could be more than porous tonight SB, it could be a biblical flood with our defence😂

Name:  IMG_8921.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  15.3 KB

REDS: Roberts (GK), Cotter, Williams (c), de Gevigney, Earl, Cadden, Kane, Grant, Phillips, McAtee, Cole.

Subs: Killip (GK), McCart, O'Keeffe, Chapman, Cosgrove, Marsh, Jaló.

PORTSMOUTH: Norris (GK), Swanson, Ogilvie, Pack (c), Whyte, Shaughnessy, Yengi, Raggett, Kamara, Anjorin, Evans.

Subs: Macey (GK), Saydee, Bishop, Rafferty, Moxon, Lane, Lang.

Cotter’s first start in 13 games since Leyton Orient at home in February. Grant’s first start for Barnsley and first for anyone since December 29.
    O’Keeffe cannot seem to hold down regular place in 11 after having is best game in a Reds shirt on Saturday in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Name:  IMG_8921.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  15.3 KB

REDS: Roberts (GK), Cotter, Williams (c), de Gevigney, Earl, Cadden, Kane, Grant, Phillips, McAtee, Cole.

Subs: Killip (GK), McCart, O'Keeffe, Chapman, Cosgrove, Marsh, Jaló.

PORTSMOUTH: Norris (GK), Swanson, Ogilvie, Pack (c), Whyte, Shaughnessy, Yengi, Raggett, Kamara, Anjorin, Evans.

Subs: Macey (GK), Saydee, Bishop, Rafferty, Moxon, Lane, Lang.

Cotter’s first start in 13 games since Leyton Orient at home in February. Grant’s first start for Barnsley and first for anyone since December 29.
    O’Keeffe cannot seem to hold down regular place in 11 after having is best game in a Reds shirt on Saturday in my opinion.
    Good Luck with that one Neil !!!

Lol proper spanking on the way, we are in the play off places and I’ve lost interest!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast