+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Portsmouth v Barnsley

Been a much tighter game than most predicted. So far anyway.

We looked decent going forward, getting numbers forward. Defensively though, we look lost again. I said it would be 2-2 this and that might not be far off in the end.

Well pleased with how we’ve played the first half considering how bad we’ve been over the past few week, let’s hope a bit of form is coming back ready for the play offs.

Surprisingly we were the better team in that first half, both lucky goals with unfortunate ricochets finding the forwards, glad to see Cole getting back on the scoresheet to end his drought, hopefully more will follow now? Pompey look very nervous hopefully we can capitalise on that.

Can't knock that so far , we are carrying a real threat going forward and the defence is doing reasonably ok .

The changes are going to be where it may start going against us but we'll see .

The Pompey bench is very decent .

Very iffy penalty that?

Fffffffffoooooking COLLINS! Playing the best we have all season and he brings on McCart for Grant, first touch McCart makes a mess of a defensive header and they nearly score, O’Keefe hasn’t a clue where he’s supposed to be because nobody has told him, Collins screams at him from the bench to go to right back, they send in a ball where O’Keefe was and a free header makes it 3-2 absolutely school playground stuff and abysmal from the manager.

Gutted by the end to that game to be honest.

Stupid from McAtee. Whether it was soft or not, it gives the ref a decision to make and in front of this crowd, refs at this level will always give it. Changed the game in my opinion.

Can definitely take some positives from tonight though. Best we’ve played in a while. However, we’ve conceded 3 and we’ve all said, doing this so often is always asking a lot to score 3 or 4 every game to get anything from it.

I didn’t think we’d get anything before kick off but they didn’t deserve that result, they’ve played great tonight and they run their blood to water every one of them. I’m gutted for the players but let’s carry that performance on for the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by NerfHerder View Post
    Gutted by the end to that game to be honest.

Stupid from McAtee. Whether it was soft or not, it gives the ref a decision to make and in front of this crowd, refs at this level will always give it. Changed the game in my opinion.

Can definitely take some positives from tonight though. Best we’ve played in a while. However, we’ve conceded 3 and we’ve all said, doing this so often is always asking a lot to score 3 or 4 every game to get anything from it.
    Probably the best performance for a long time. Gutted we didnt get a point. WILL the mindset of “finish the job” against Northampton be there?
    Tonight they played very well. Less crab football, more direct threat. Lincoln, I feel will get the wins needed…… Will we?
    Not gonna knock the performance, or the ref for the pen……it was always coming.
    No complaints.

Gutted because we didn't deserve that. I thought some of our play tonight was outstanding epitomised by our second goal. The lads gave it everything and despite the defeat, they can hold their heads high. The only blot was the defensive lapses which cost us 2 late goals.

One of the best games of football that I've seen this season and we certainly played our part. I just hope the lads don't get too downhearted because there was plenty to be positive about. Unlucky lads.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast