+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Stockport 16.04.24 [EFL L2]

2007 - Walsall
    2017 - Portsmouth
    2018 - Luton then Coventry in the play offs
    2022 - Grimsby in the play offs
    2024 - Stockport
    Fed up and sick of oppostion teams celebrating promotion/glory at Meadow Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    So as we now move onto 85 goals conceded the simple fact is we've got to half this amount if we want to be up there next season.

We've simply been found wanting defensively and out of possession this season. League One attack, National League defence it's as simple as that whoever has been manager.

Each week the battle is internally between attacking and defending as to which one will come out best.

It's over to the recruitment team now.
    Well as LW said in vain in January "Let's see the commitment in this window". Let's see what happens in the close season, bet you that 50% of this defensive shambles is still here come August.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    2007 - Walsall
    2017 - Portsmouth
    2024 - Stockport
    2030 - Barcelona, semi final Champions League (disputed pen given by an American ref) Just makes ya sick

As sick as anyone at how this season has turned out but some of the hatred and nastiness on this thread is embarrassing. It's our club and players fgs. I've seen turjid football, collapses and dreadful defeats before but don't really recall the same level of hatred toward our players, as poor as some them can be.

Let's hope the recruitment team earn their crust or I think attendances will quickly take a dive.

Annihilated.

Mind you, we were playing Man City - probably the best club team in the world. What... uh, Stockport? !!

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    2007 - Walsall
    2017 - Portsmouth
    2024 - Stockport
    Forgot 2011 - Brighton.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterD View Post
    I've given up listening and watching EastEnders instead. 😉
    It's not that bad

Quote Originally Posted by ajojones View Post
    As sick as anyone at how this season has turned out but some of the hatred and nastiness on this thread is embarrassing. It's our club and players fgs. I've seen turjid football, collapses and dreadful defeats before but don't really recall the same level of hatred toward our players, as poor as some them can be.
    (anti-)social media. Wherever we finish this season it is an improvement on the past 5 seasons, and 5 seasons ago we didn't even know if we would have a club, and not for the first time in the past 10 years.

Some have got carried away with "putting on a show" forgetting what full time professional football, even in the lower leagues, is really like. Maybe we should have stayed big fish in a small pond in the NL (no, I don't mean it).

But it is very frustrating that weaknesses that every man and his dog could see over the past few seasons have not been addressed, and even longer than that when we were in League 1 (?), got thrashed in a friendly v Grimsby and RT promised a new back four if necessary. Seems to me that we've not had a strong defender since Steady Eddie and he was getting past his sell by date.

There will be some real anger if the obvious issues are not sorted over the summer to give us a real chance of not being on "You've been framed, comedy defending special" next season. That is embarrassing and I trust the powers that be at Notts feel it too.

Quote Originally Posted by ajojones View Post
    I think partly, the owners, therefore the club are to blame. The way we have set our selves up for this fall is laughable.
    Metrics. Philosophy. Possession.
    Has it resulted in consistently winning football this season? No.
    Last season, we were riding our luck and bossed games due to the fact we outplayed and out attacked teams. The defence was still shocking.

This season we’ve been found out on so many levels.
    Last week was it when people were praising the brothers because of their off field plans. Agreed the needs of the club to generate funds and become balance positive or whatever it is…but if we’re not winning or at least providing the basics of entertainment…being stuck in a never ending loop of possession, pass back around the back until one of them feck it up…
    I’d rather take 3 points and lump it if needs be.
    4 at the back was better for ten minutes, but there is no credit changing the tactic to that when you’re already 4 down ffs.
    And even then it was recycle 40 times at the back.
    Take corners. We all laughed at Luke Williams explanation at the forum and we let it slide as we were winning.
    Tonight, Stockport, like others such as Mansfield did, came and put our players under pressure with balls into the box from corners rather than short corners. And it created havoc.
    Throw ins. We never seem to throw forwards at all. No sense of using the advantage.
    Horrible night and I’m feeling right back where we were before the last two wins. Shocking players and management not much better.

Back on post though…yes the social media outpouring is worse now. But is it any worse than previous years? Or is it just ‘the way’ now? I’m pretty sure I recall many after match discussions in pubs in town after a match where players and managers…and owners…were slated by one and all. I remember one conversation about Tony Agana that would make a priest blush! Difference is in how people communicate now.
    Last edited by hissingdwarf; 16-04-2024 at 09:40 PM.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast