+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Stockport 16.04.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    This is not on Maynard this on on the duck in charge of recruitment, it's been appalling this season and except for macari Jatta and Crowley all the rest of a disgrace, Morias, Randall Crockett always injured, Warner not up to it, goalkeepers not up to it , Robertson ok in patches but that's about it mcgoldrick past it
    Correct! And Robertson okay in patches is also right. Sometimes good, sometimes meh, and sometimes couldn't pass water. Will be good though.

When Stockport score next, I've got money on the ref running around after lifting his shirt over his head. Probably won't even book himself.

edit - we are losing on merit though. Comment about ref could be interpreted as me thinking we were unlucky. No we haven't been (but the ref still stinks)
    Last edited by M0ufMk3; 16-04-2024 at 07:48 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    You do realise Stockport are loaded and he is also a Manc isnt he ?

He is good manager lower league but he has had funds at both his clubs to do it.
    I get ya man... just daydreaming here a bit

No need to panic, the metrics say it's all down to luck despite the performance.

Just hope someone up top is paying attention to what is needed to get out of this, basement, league.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Richard Montegue is on Magpie Circle tomorrow night, time to tell him how we feel I think.
    It's pre recorded I think.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    I get ya man... just daydreaming here a bit
    Wrexham are the spotlight club but these have big budget too and large squad.

Saturday be tough too as Cowley is here and they arent 100% safe yet either so will fight like mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    No need to panic, the metrics say it's all down to luck despite the performance.

Just hope someone up top is paying attention to what is needed to get out of this, basement, league.
    A defense and a midfield would be a start 😀

I see a pattern here. when Notts lose, it's because our defenders are crap, but if Notts win, it's because Maynard has turned it round, and not the fact we have two attackers in the L2 team of the year. Yes, the defence is terrible but you could pick anyone off the street to manage us and they would still win occasionally because players like Jones are unstoppable at this level.

Not bothering watching 2nd half. Yes a couple of goals dodgy but the still created chances easily.
    I'll pay for Baldwins taxi. Absolute liability every game. Will never make it as long as he has a hole in his arse

What a shocking performance so far. Stockport are way, way way above us. Not just skill, but basics like commitment. Nemane is the only one who seems to give a **** so far.
    When Stockport move, forwards or backwards, they do it as a unit.
    What do we do? Rely on passing around the back until we feck up each time.
    J Jones looks like he’s too busy holding his trophy to run the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    You do realise Stockport are loaded and he is also a Manc isnt he ?

He is good manager lower league but he has had funds at both his clubs to do it.
    Feels like most teams that traditionally used to be a level or two below Notts are loaded these days, compared to us.
    Stockport were in the 6th tier not so long ago. Expect to see Scunny and Bury power their way past us in the pyramid with wealthy owners in ten or so years time.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast