+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Portsmouth gain promotion

Portsmouth gain promotion

Having been 1-2 down up to the 83rd minute, Pompey bang in two gaols to seal the title and swap places with us.

Well earned as they say.....

NB. With Bolton only drawing tonight Warney must have the shakes thinking he's only two games away from also gaining auto proomotion back up to the Championship. Still too close to call though.

P Pts
    Derby 44 86
    Bolton 44 83

Brilliant scenes taking place on the pitch, remember them well.
    Last edited by Brin; 16-04-2024 at 08:57 PM.

One less long haul if nothing else.

There are still Pompey players out there on the pitch that can't get back to their team mates, crazy!

Will Rotherham players be the same end of next season,Im not too sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Will Rotherham players be the same end of next season,Im not too sure.
    What ? Pompey players? 😂

Scenes that would make you think that such an illustrious club had won the Premier League but simply promotion from League 1! Little old Rotherham have achieved it so many times it seems a little odd to watch.That is what we take for granted and that is a perspective of how much we have achieved in the last decade.I couldn't believe that they have been in League 1 for 12 years but I'm pretty sure that they will gain more than 24 points next term.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Scenes that would make you think that such an illustrious club had won the Premier League but simply promotion from League 1! Little old Rotherham have achieved it so many times it seems a little odd to watch.That is what we take for granted and that is a perspective of how much we have achieved in the last decade.I couldn't believe that they have been in League 1 for 12 years but I'm pretty sure that they will gain more than 24 points next term.
    Very good post, Jimmy.

It'll be interesting for them if Southampton, don't manage to close the gap and fail in the playoffs
    Considering the gap between the two last season

Although, I see Southampton won 3-0 last night

Brin thinks it's too close to call for who gets the second promoted spot in division one !!! Well the bookies don't think so. Derby are 1/33 to get promotion. It looks to me that if they beat bottom club Carlisle at home on the last day of the season that will be enough to take them up.A five goal better goal difference atm, Derby have to go to Cambridge on Saturday . Bolton have Port Vale at home and then a very difficult trip to Peterbrough on the last day of the season. Peterbrough have a ten goal inferior goal difference to Derby.
    It could be another promotion for that clueless fitness coach Warne. I can just imagine Gru telling all his mates in Thurcroft club how bad Warne is and also how he is the best tipster since Tom Pepper.He is that good he cannot trust himself to have an online betting account.

Imagine the headlines if Georgie Kelly scores against Derby on the last game of the season and denies Warney promotion 😆